What's new

Pre De Provence 63?

Amazon has some kind of partnership/deal with them as they offer everything from the bath gel to the beard oil there. It was quite difficult to find around where I live.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I bought the "scuttle". It's really a mug that is too small for a puck of PdP. It's good for a puck of Haslinger, but that's about it. Quality wise it's OK - about what you'd expect for the price. I'll either return it or use it for a puck of Haslinger.

I wondered about that, thanks for the heads up.

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
I bought the "scuttle". It's really a mug that is too small for a puck of PdP. It's good for a puck of Haslinger, but that's about it. Quality wise it's OK - about what you'd expect for the price. I'll either return it or use it for a puck of Haslinger.
Thanks for the info.

You could probably fit a puck of Provence Sante in it. That's a really nice soap with some similarities to PdP and would match up with the French shaving theme.

:idea:

Or I guess you could grate some of the PdP to re-form it.

For those who use PdP daily (either B&T or 63), how long does a puck last you? After trying locally available options, I'm leaning towards purchasing enough soap from Pasteur to last me a year and then restocking when my stock runs low.

I figured the shipping cost for 2 pucks of PdP will be affordable and if 2 pucks are good enough for a year, then it's a win-win scenario for me. :)

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
For those who use PdP daily (either B&T or 63), how long does a puck last you? After trying locally available options, I'm leaning towards purchasing enough soap from Pasteur to last me a year and then restocking when my stock runs low.

I figured the shipping cost for 2 pucks of PdP will be affordable and if 2 pucks are good enough for a year, then it's a win-win scenario for me. :)
I think 2 pucks should be good for at the very least one year.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
PdP is a hard-milled 150g puck. A good rule of thumb is 1/2g per shave for quality hard-milled pucks (or MdC), so you should get around 300 shaves from it, give or take. Your brush and how many passes you do will make a difference.

I got a full 6 months from 1 puck of 63, loading heavily. If you load like a normal person, I'd guess you could get 8-9 months if you wanted to stretch it.

Top Bottom