What's new

Pre de Provence 63. WOW!!

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
Aside the PdP balm, is there another aftershave that pairs well with the #63?
I used Clubman Vanilla this morning and thought it complimented PdP nicely. I seldom use splashes lately, but I quite liked the result.
9357CB69-53FC-42F3-9869-AC0DDE8BCAA3.jpeg

anyone using Proraso red with their PDP 63?

talk about a combo! I've been eye balling a puck now for sometime, but I just never pull the trigger on it for whatever reason, looks like this might be year!

anyone using Proraso red with their PDP 63?

talk about a combo! I've been eye balling a puck now for sometime, but I just never pull the trigger on it for whatever reason, looks like this might be year!

Some that I've tried: Proraso Red splash, LEA 3-in-1 Sensitive Balm, Clubman Vanilla splash

It's a good combo. Probably a bit too moisturizing for hotter weather, though.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Yesterday, my dear friend Matthew @Pressroll sent me this beautiful message regarding the scent profile of the Bergamot & Thyme shave soap:

"The Bergamot & Thyme has arrived. My first impressions of the scent are very favorable! Fresh, clean, light, gentle, herbaceous, and aromatic. When I was growing up my grandparents would often look after me while my parents were working. My Grandmother would wash the clothes and hang them out to dry on the clothesline right next their flower garden. To me, the scent is a marriage of the flowers from their garden and the fresh laundry she hung out to dry. Simply put, it is exquisite".

This is poetry at its very best. :001_wub:

Thank you @Marco! I used Bergamot & Thyme this morning and it was quite the experience. Everything about it was perfection.

Here is the other part of my story. After graduating from college and getting married, my Grandparents invited my wife and I to come live with them to help around the family farmstead and also help with them as they age. My Grandfather was the first to pass away and my Grandmother followed him two years later. My wife and I inherited the house and some land so, when I shave, I am standing in the exact same spot that my Grandfather stood while he shaved. This morning, while using Bergamot & Thyme, my mind flooded with all the good memories I have of spending time with them over the years.

Last edited:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you @Marco! I used Bergamot & Thyme this morning and it was quite the experience. Everything about it was perfection.

Here is the other part of my story. After graduating from college and getting married, my Grandparents invited my wife and I to come live with them to help around the family farmstead and also help with them as they age. My Grandfather was the first to pass away and my Grandmother followed him two years later. My wife and I inherited the house and some land so, when I shave, I am standing in the exact same spot that my Grandfather stood while he shaved. This morning, while using Bergamot & Thyme, my mind flooded with all the good memories I have of spending time with them over the years.

Dear Matthew, why don't you rewrite this story by creating a dedicated thread? I'd love to read it and the entire B&B community would love to read it as well!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
This morning I used the Pre de Provence No. 63 soap and then I also used, for the first time, the No. 63 EdT. The soap, of course, was outstanding. I was pleasantly surprised at the EdT. Very similar in scent to the soap, it smells very nice, and dries down to a clean pepper and amber scent. I get vanilla from it too, though it isn't advertised as such. The pepper seems to dry down to an almost peppermint scent. At the price, it represents outstanding value, and will certainly be a regular in my small cool weather fragrance rotation this autumn and winter.

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
This morning I used the Pre de Provence No. 63 soap and then I also used, for the first time, the No. 63 EdT. The soap, of course, was outstanding. I was pleasantly surprised at the EdT. Very similar in scent to the soap, it smells very nice, and dries down to a clean pepper and amber scent. I get vanilla from it too, though it isn't advertised as such. The pepper seems to dry down to an almost peppermint scent. At the price, it represents outstanding value, and will certainly be a regular in my small cool weather fragrance rotation this autumn and winter.
I fully agree. The no. 63 EdT is one of the best I have ever smelled. It would still be a must-buy if it were price 3x higher..

These are truly luxury products at competitive prices.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Unfortunately, UPS has no possibility to deliver my package today. Anyway, it's scheduled for Monday, so not an huge issue waiting for a couple of days more. I'm very excited about testing both the N°63 balm and the Bergatom and Thyme soap/balm combo!

Unfortunately, UPS has no possibility to deliver my package today. Anyway, it's scheduled for Monday, so not an huge issue waiting for a couple of days more. I'm very excited about testing both the N°63 balm and the Bergatom and Thyme soap/balm combo!
I think you will really like the balms. I found them to work best with a damp face and hands; a pea-sized amount is enough to do the job. A little goes a long way.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I think you will really like the balms. I found them to work best with a damp face and hands; a pea-sized amount is enough to do the job. A little goes a long way.

I'll certainly proceed as you suggest, my friend. Thanks! :thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
First test shave today with the Bergamot and Thymes soap/balm combo! As expected, the soap behaved very well and exactly like N°63, but with a milder scent. The description given by my friend Matthew @Pressroll on this lovely scent is spot on (well yes, I'm partial to it because of the poetry behind it :wink2: ). The balm instead was a huge surprise because it's extremely moisturizing and up there in overall performance with the best I have in my den! Wonderful shave and very enjoyable experience! :thumbup:

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
First test shave today with the Bergamot and Thymes soap/balm combo! As expected, the soap behaved very well and exactly like N°63, but with a milder scent. The description given by my friend Matthew @Pressroll on this lovely scent is spot on (well yes, I'm partial to it because of the poetry behind it :wink2: ). The balm instead was a huge surprise because it's extremely moisturizing and up there in overall performance with the best I have in my den! Wonderful shave and very enjoyable experience! :thumbup:
Quite happy to hear that you enjoyed the new soap and balm. They are extraordinary products an any price, but the fact that they are so reasonably priced only adds to the pleasure and satisfaction.

Top Bottom