What's new

Pre de Provence 63. WOW!!

I just received my puck of PdP 63. Being the kid that I am and can't wait to see how it lathers, I did just that.

A damp badger....about a 10-15 second load....to a damp palm it went. After adding a little more water to the brush I continued to build the lather. WOW!....just WOW!! This soap produces a lather as good, if not better, but not by much, than my Tabac.

The scent, as described by one poster here at B&B, would be close to Viktor & Rolf Spicebomb. I can see that, or should I say smell that. This soap has just found it's way in to a permanent spot in my den and rotation.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Congrats, on the new soap! I prefer the lather of Tabac to PdP, but the scent of PdP 63 is absolutely intoxicating to me. I'm especially fond of it in the fall. Enjoy!

I agree it is a great soup. It is a nice change from Tabac. I especially like the scent. I personally prefer the shave of Tabac but the scent is second to none for me.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
To round things out, it's also very long lasting ... Triple-milled, I would bet.

And the tin won't rust. Some do.

AA

Love at first smell. It was my first pick and very well could be the last one I buy...as in It-owns-my-nose-and-face.
Bought the bath bar, shave cream, shower gel, and beard oil(yes I still wear an occasional beard). Love all of it.

PdP 63 is a great soap and amazing scent. I've used it like a shave stick (wet face, dip side of puck in water, rub on face like a stick, then face lather) and it's worked out well!!

I tried palm lathering my PdP 63 puck today and I would say it out-performed my Georgetown Scuttle.
Stellar lather.

Travel just got that much easier.

I had PdP, but today bought some PdP no. 63 Hair and Body Wash, to sample the aroma. I definitely like it! It smells like good men's cologne, or what I envision when I think of Cologne. PdP is a nice, clean herbal smell. They are totally different. I'll be buying a puck of both next year!

If I had to choose only one soap to use from now on, PdP 63 would be in the running. This and regular PdP are both top-tier soaps in my book; great performance, great scents, and they last forever.

To my nose, PDP 63 is one of the best scents out there.

I rate the soap 8 out of 10 points for slickness, cushion and post shave feel. I also rate it 8 of 10 on ease of loading and ease of lathering. Thus, it gets a overall score of 80% while I have quite a few soaps that rate much higher on performance and still have great scents. I keep it in my rotation, but if I ever finish the puck, it will not be replaced.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
How is the slickness and protection? I bought this soap three months ago and still haven't used it. It smells great. Going to use it tomorrow morning for the first time.

Top Bottom