What's new

Praying for rain for wildfires

We have been watching the terrifying images on the TV of the wildfires in California and other areas across the United States and Canada. It is hard to imagine the extent and speed of the fires and the damage to homes, nature and human life...and wildlife. I hope our B&B brothers and sisters and their families are safe. Thanks to all the firefighters for their service.

Right with you brother, hope it gets better, but I am afraid is not, I was watching a documentary about the same firefighters battling right now, a chief was driving around a forest range and with the recent and long drought they learned that a 1/3 of all the trees are dead, so people in those places are living surrounded by piles of fuel, literally!

jackgoldman123

Boring and predictable
What I don't get is how other parts of the country get rain every day. There must be a way to capture and deliver this water for these disasters.

What I don't get is how other parts of the country get rain every day. There must be a way to capture and deliver this water for these disasters.
sounds logical, but mankind with all its resoursfullness and innovation and technology, still nothing compared to what nature is capable off, that said, I concur with you, if we can pump millions of barrels of oil from alaska to the lower 48, sure we can pump water from the missisipi to california, but we are in a world where politics is priority over common sense

I would also add that at this point, pumping water would aliviate some of the drought, but the dead trees in the forest have to burn sooner or later, is nature’s cycle :closedeye

Hey Growing up in wheat country in the Northwest and having the Gorge and crops effected is heartbreaking. Praying for Cali today. Heard about them a few jours after the fire started.
Will keep thinking of all the people and public servants. Especially those who have lost family or livelihood

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
If logging were generally permitted and the forests managed, we wouldn't be having these uncontrollable wild fires. There are 97 million dead trees laying in forests in California alone - you know what dead trees in forests are called? Fuel! Instead of fuel, they should be turned into usable lumber. There will always be forest fires but there shouldn't be so many unmanageable ones. What ever happened to common sense?

If logging were generally permitted and the forests managed, we wouldn't be having these uncontrollable wild fires. There are 97 million dead trees laying in forests in California alone - you know what dead trees in forests are called? Fuel! Instead of fuel, they should be turned into usable lumber. There will always be forest fires but there shouldn't be so many unmanageable ones. What ever happened to common sense?

This is true and this problem happens out there every year. But you can't fix stupid as the politicans bow to the extreme enviro folks and refuse to do the obvious to fix the problem.

Top Bottom