What's new

Praise the Lord

I have a rotation of 12 razors. Among them are 3 razors from Lord.

My favorite Lord is the L5, a three-piece Tech clone. It’s lightweight stamped metal construction replicates the performance of the iconic Gillette masterpiece, with a lightweight aluminum handle that lends it a top-heavy balance that I prefer. I can easily achieve a BBS w a two pass shave. It outshaves every DE in my den. It’s commonly available on Amazon for $7.

I also use an L6, Lord’s take on the Merkur design. The cast head and aluminum handle impart an even more top heavy balance than the L5, which I really like. It gives me an excellent BBS shave with two passes. About $8 on the web.

Lastly, I use the Lord Racer, a two-piece metal/plastic hybrid. It’s sometimes known as the Lord 325. Very lightweight but moderately aggressive, it works very well and provides an easy BBS with two passes. I’ve seen it for less than $5 on the web.

Not surprisingly, these razors pair well with Lord blades. I typically use the Lord Platinum and Rainbow Stainless blades with these razors.

I can heartily recommend these fine shaving tools. They provide excellent results at little expense, making wet shaving accessible to all.

Last edited:
I have a rotation of 12 razors. Among them are 3 razors from Lord.

My favorite Lord is the L5, a three-piece Tech clone. It’s lightweight stamped metal construction replicates the performance of the iconic Gillette masterpiece, with a lightweight aluminum handle that lends it a top-heavy balance that I prefer. I can easily achieve a BBS w a two pass shave. It outshaves every DE in my den. It’s commonly available on Amazon for $7.

I also use an L6, Lord’s take on the Merkur design. The cast head and aluminum handle impart an even more top heavy balance than the L5, which I really like. It gives me an excellent BBS shave with two passes. About $8 on the web.

Lastly, I use the Lord Racer, a two-piece metal/plastic hybrid. It’s sometimes known as the Lord 325. Very lightweight but moderately aggressive, it works very well and provides an easy BBS with two passes. I’ve seen it for less than $5 on the web.

Not surprisingly, these razors pair well with Lord blades. I typically use the Lord Platinum and Rainbow Stainless blades with these razors.

I can heartily recommend these fine shaving tools. They provide excellent results at little expense, making wet shaving accessible to all.

Great comparison! The L6 is my ‘travel razor’ and it provides very fine shaves! :thumbup::thumbup:

I love the Lord L6.

I live in Brazil, last few years a local brand of barber shop products begun to import the Lord L6. They rebrand it and ressels in a package with 5 blades (not Lord but even better, rebranded old stock Israeli Personna) for about US$ 1.20.

Now I am going to search a Lord L5.

20220820_213853.jpg

My LORD L5 was my first 'new' razor l bought 6 years ago. lt's still in my rotation, albeit with a vintage hollow brass handle l threw on it from a Eastern European razor l got off of eBay for like $10 CAD a year or so later.
lt's great with a Feather or a Nacet for my face.

I love the Lord L6.

I live in Brazil, last few years a local brand of barber shop products begun to import the Lord L6. They rebrand it and ressels in a package with 5 blades (not Lord but even better, rebranded old stock Israeli Personna) for about US$ 1.20.
Amazing! How can they sell it for so little? Lord only knows!

🙏

Ended up getting an L6 after reading Quaznoids posts !

Arrived today and upon opening ,I gotta admit it looks pretty nice for such an agreeable price. Finishing seems ok on mines . I do like this longer handle and it does fit well on my Edwin Jagger DE89 to boot
Never tried the lord blades that came with it, so look forward to that. I ordered some Gillette 7 o Clock Sharp Edge blades with it . Hopefully it wont be too mild in either of these combos

Ended up getting an L6 after reading Quaznoids posts !

Arrived today and upon opening ,I gotta admit it looks pretty nice for such an agreeable price. Finishing seems ok on mines . I do like this longer handle and it does fit well on my Edwin Jagger DE89 to boot
Never tried the lord blades that came with it, so look forward to that. I ordered some Gillette 7 o Clock Sharp Edge blades with it . Hopefully it wont be too mild in either of these combos
Try an L5. Shaves even better than the L6.

Top Bottom