What's new

Practical probably not but....

I have been working from home this week. I was going stir crazy today. I had some scrap wood and decided to see what I could mock up as a prototype. This is where I landed. I will use it for now but I will make changes to my next one.

KM

IMG_20200404_174616.jpg

Looks good to me. The sharp arrises on the slots would look better with a bit of rounding and then finish with some varnish.

I had 5 pieces of scrap trim from a basement project. They were half painted and the longest piece was about 30 inches. I broke one shelf.

From start to finish was an hour. I only got the saw out. No sanding. No finishing. Just nailed together with panel nails that were left in this house from the previous owner. I would do a lot different.

As far as standing the razors up. I have thought of that. I would need thicker wood. I also would not be sure which size hole I would want to drill. With so many different razors this would make some flop around more then I would like. I could make the bottom piece a 2x4 and then move the brush shelf up.

The other thought was if the brush was super wet would it drip on the razors.

I know this thing isn't a show piece. It was a thought I had. It can be done much cleaner. Next time I will use more then a miter saw.

KM

Just a little bit of sanding and staining is all that's left. For a scrap wood project using just a miter box, that's not too bad.

It works..... and looks damn good to me. I might as well have 5 thumbs on each of my hands so could never do what you did. Very nice.

As far as standing the razors up. I have thought of that. I would need thicker wood. I also would not be sure which size hole I would want to drill. With so many different razors this would make some flop around

KM

on this may I suggest making them in a slight tapper terminating in a small radius that way as you place the razor in it goes in till it grips .

Tapered holes is something I haven't thought of. My wood working equipment is some what limited. I will have to think about this.

This was mainly a test of if I could and getting out of the inside of my house.

Another wrinkle is my wife has mentioned eliminating the medicine cabinet and going to just a smaller mirror. Then two cabinets on each side. This would again change what I am needing. For now this will work. When I do this again I will be getting a router and changing the sizes of some things. Mainly narrowing up the gap for the brushes. Then rounding the edges. It would match the brush handles much better.

bet the cabinet on her side would have to be the biggest ..:em2300:

I am sure she wants it that way. She is not a fan of me doing this style of shaving. She says it takes too much time and is more expensive. She actually isn't wrong on that.

But. I enjoy the shave so it is staying

KM

i like it and it will work!!!!!

think the slots for the razors are fine.....also allows for different size and shapes of handles.

gotta take care of the bullet tips!!!!

camo

Aloha,

Looks great for Version 1. But, since it doesn't look like we're going anywhere soon maybe you could continue to Version 2.

Great Work.

Mahalo,

Aloha,

Looks great for Version 1. But, since it doesn't look like we're going anywhere soon maybe you could continue to Version 2.

Great Work.

Mahalo,

Well it is transition outside here in my little corner of Iowa. Yesterday I finally put the snow mobile away last night. I also got the riding lawn mower started and ready for the the thatcher tonight. So tonight is out and honestly it is supposed to be a bit crappy weather out the next couple days.

So no outside work again for a week or so. I will then see where I end up on making another one. I need to find a router to use to make it the way I want it.

KM

Top Bottom