What's new

PozzSka's Brush Projects

A couple that finished up yesterday...
On Left: MadeRite handle, 18mm knot - 36-38mm loft - TGN GradeA Silvertip (the hole opening is closer to 19mm)
On Right: Fuller handle, 20mm knot - 47-48mm loft - TGN Finest Extra Stuffed (the hole opening is closer to 21.5mm)

EDIT: FYI - both knots set with Silicone sealant/adhesive, to provide heft to the handles (especially the paper light black MadeRite, feels good now). Both came to me in very good condition, so only removal of the old knot and a little cleaning was done. The Fuller is spoken for.

I'll get a post-bloom pic of the little MadeRite later today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Pozz, I am interested in trying the silicone that you use to fill/glue the handles.

What exactly is the product that you use ?

thanks

Pozz, I am interested in trying the silicone that you use to fill/glue the handles.

What exactly is the product that you use ?

thanks

I don't remember the brand name, but it is a "3-hour Shower Ready" silicone sealant adhesive. I use a caulking gun, because that is what I had left over from my basement shower, but you could also get the smaller tube that you squeeze with your hand.

I can look when I get home if you REALLY want to know.

Remember the Old Spice brush from above? Well the UK boar from the TGN turned out to be a shedder, and since I can't get that replacement (and my brother wanted a silvertip after he borrowed one of mine) I took it out and replaced it and here it is:

proxy.php

So that's what it looks like taken apart. I wonder if the other long-handled styles are the same. Out of curiosity, does the collar have a hole all the way through?

Regards.

i like the blue it turned into a sweet brush,i just did a tiwan roc that looks similar and it dismantled in the same manner;the collar was hollow all the way

Attachments

• $DSCN0462.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 90
  • $DSCN0485.jpg
    $DSCN0485.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
As I mentioned above, my brother is giving me a lathe he found in the basement of his house when he bought the place.

I have a few questions:
- What is the best way to mount this thing? Table? Work bench?
- What kind of tools should I get to make things like brush handles or other small things?
- Where do I get tools? Waxes? Sealants? etc. for wood turning.

you could mount it between centers, but ideally, you would get a chuck like this one http://www.amazon.com/PSI-CSC2000C-...CC62/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1307573492&sr=8-2

you can get a decent set of starter lathe tools from harbor freight. i have had that set of tools for many years now and still get good use out of them.

find a rockler or woodcraft or something similar for sanding sealer, waxes, or whatever else you want.

Got a few more brushes coming down the pike...been going slow on them...hopefully I'll get them done in the next week or so...

Top Bottom