What's new

Power tools.

Anyone else here have a small collection of tools? I just got myself a new makita impact driver and I’m finding any excuse to use it these days haha.
Obligatory tool picture included lol
884446AA-8AD6-4172-A920-33FA4ECAABC8.jpeg

I have tools. I have found that tools will save money and time in the long run. Just like guns, ammo, and razor I never say how many I have just in case SWMBO looks at my post (only joking, I think).

Anyone else here have a small collection of tools? I just got myself a new makita impact driver and I’m finding any excuse to use it these days haha.
View attachment 1333197
Nope. I have a sizable collection of power tools and growing as quickly as my wife allows. Well, if I can justify it for a project she doesn't get a say. But otherwise I need her but in.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
View attachment 1333197
Nice. I have the same / similar green one. It’s fantastic. Love the three power settings on mine. And the little headlight. Hand tools are fine I’ve got a bunch and they have their place but I like to cook with gas! Once I experienced the effortless way this driver works especially with 2 or 3” screws I was hooked. I have drill bits that allow this driver to function as a drill too.
Off the top of my head I also have a cordless makita circular saw. A corded one. A drill and corded impact drill. A dermel. A dremel screw driver, a cordless cardboard cutter and probably a few other things here and there. 😃

Last edited:

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I recently bought an orbital sander to repair a sheet rock wall. Sanded, filled and sanded again. Sanding part took maybe 10 min., by hand would have taken well over an hour.
That reminds me I have a sander. Never used it. But I might. Lol
Seriously your story is so true. Having the right tool for the job is more than half the battle.

Have a decent tool chest. I really like the Makita power tools. Mine are a few years old but still run great.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I’m in the trades and after using Makita for 10 years made the switch to Milwaukee. I was happy, till Makita came out with their 40v. Oh well c’est la vie.

I’m in the trades and after using Makita for 10 years made the switch to Milwaukee. I was happy, till Makita came out with their 40v. Oh well c’est la vie.
Is their 40v system not any good? I would have expected it would provide some extra push for high power tools like chainsaws, blowers, etc. While keeping the 18V lxt line going for years to come for less demanding power tools.

I have a few basic power tools for around the home. I need a few more to make DIY projects a little easier but they don't get very much use.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I might have went with the Makita 40v if they came out 6 months sooner. As it was I needed new tools yesterday and Makita with their LXT line was underpowered compared to the Milwaukee M18 line. The High Output Milwaukee batteries give their Brushless tools more power, especially saws and drills.

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I have a few: planer, band saw, chop saw, Shopsmith, a couple of routers, sanders, drills, sharpeners, etc. I do find that I am using the hand tools a lot more lately. They are definitely slower, but they are quiet and enjoyable (they eliminate the terror).

Many of my hand tools come from Lie-Nielsen and they are both beautiful to look at and hold and wonderful tools.

I do have my fair share of makita boxes as well.
My drill is almost gone, so probably next year, I need to buy a new one. Will probably a drill and an impact. Both cordless, the 18V (as is now)
Rebuilding your own house is asking a lot of your tools (not as much as being in the trades).
I really like makita, except for grinders. I have a makita (a beast, 125mm discs, 1800W) but my dewalts are better, smaller housing for power and just a little nicer to use, so if one dies, it will be another dewalt

I have a decent amount of power tools both battery and mains powered. Mainly bought when younger and fresh from leaving home. Looked after them and they have looked after me. Saying that I did train (apprentice) for 5 years as an engineer back when you worked with your hands.I remember seeing my first CAD profile cutter, my then foreman said "it'll never catch on",. So I have a couple of big racks and drawers with hand tools too. Funnily its my birthday next week and I mentioned an impact wrench to SWMBO.

Top Bottom