What's new

Powdery pillowy soap scent

I have a small amount of Tabac from years ago which has lost its top spicier notes (the top notes seem to have faded away) so its just the base notes pretty much. It has a simple powdery pillowy soapy sort of talcum/baby product kind of smell, Without the cloying usual top notes of Tabac

Does anyone know if there is a soap on the market today with a simple scent like this, so that I don't have to buy 3017 pucks of Tabac and wait 30 years for the top notes to fade before using them.

Mitchell’s Wool Fat
Klar Klassic

I have MWF. i definitely get a strong positive, masculine clean soap smell but not too much powdery from it. It's a bit pungent/natural smelling for my liking, but I can see why people have used it so long.

Not familiar with Klar klassic, where do you buy this stuff?

Haslinger shafmilch? (Butchered the spelling). It smelled like my grandma. Powder bomb with like a light hint of maybe rose. Wasn’t for me but if you’re looking for powder bomb that would be my call. If you want something a bit more earthy and masculine, wholly kaw has a scent something of mayflower that was pretty powdery. Reminded me of a diaper.

Haslinger shafmilch? (Butchered the spelling). It smelled like my grandma. Powder bomb with like a light hint of maybe rose. Wasn’t for me but if you’re looking for powder bomb that would be my call. If you want something a bit more earthy and masculine, wholly kaw has a scent something of mayflower that was pretty powdery. Reminded me of a diaper.

I have Haslinger Schafmilch as well. And it smells just like my grandma too! We must have the same grandma !!
I like it for this reason, because its so familiar to me, but I wouldn't use it everyday.

I agree that Schafmilch has more of a rose kind of feminine scent. Whereas the Tabac base has some kind of Talcumy, Baby diaper fluffy pillowy note that I'm after. I never would have expected to like those descriptors, but I guess we can't choose who we love either. Is the wholly kaw soap you refer to Man from Mayfair?

T
I have Haslinger Schafmilch as well. And it smells just like my grandma too! We must have the same grandma !!
I like it for this reason, because its so familiar to me, but I wouldn't use it everyday.

I agree that Schafmilch has more of a rose kind of feminine scent. Whereas the Tabac base has some kind of Talcumy, Baby diaper fluffy pillowy note that I'm after. I never would have expected to like those descriptors, but I guess we can't choose who we love either. Is the wholly kaw soap you refer to Man from Mayfair?
yes sir. Again it’s not a powder bomb, but it’s a nice herbal more masculine take. Just looked up the scent notes

Scented with a barbershop aroma: bergamot, basil, lavender, sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss and a blend of musk over a background of soft, powdery notes

It’s nice honestly. Complex but not overly and it works. It’s a great soap obviously in terms of performance. You can get samples from maggards if they still have them in stock. That’s what I did. I’ve tried so many samples.

T

yes sir. Again it’s not a powder bomb, but it’s a nice herbal more masculine take. Just looked up the scent notes

Scented with a barbershop aroma: bergamot, basil, lavender, sandalwood, patchouli, oakmoss and a blend of musk over a background of soft, powdery notes

It’s nice honestly. Complex but not overly and it works. It’s a great soap obviously in terms of performance. You can get samples from maggards if they still have them in stock. That’s what I did. I’ve tried so many samples.
I'll add it to my list of stuff to sample. Looks nice, the only potential issue i can see is sandalwood which just doesnt agree with me, it makes stuff heavy and dark and suffocating for me

I'll add it to my list of stuff to sample. Looks nice, the only potential issue i can see is sandalwood which just doesnt agree with me, it makes stuff heavy and dark and suffocating for me
It’s blended so well, I wasn’t able to pick up sandalwood what so ever.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I have MWF. i definitely get a strong positive, masculine clean soap smell but not too much powdery from it. It's a bit pungent/natural smelling for my liking, but I can see why people have used it so long.

Not familiar with Klar klassic, where do you buy this stuff?

Many mainstream dealers carry it. Easy to find.

If Powder is what you like, try Wholly Kaw "Monaco Royale". Not what I would describe as "Subtle", but the powder is real. Almost reminiscent of grandfathers everywhere.

@ElonsMusk

I would say give Stirling Barbershop a go as I get a good powdery scent from it with a little vanilla...
1588079829607.png

I am also surprised no one has mentioned Clubman Pinaud!! It has to be the most powdery soap I've ever used and was just a bit overpowering for me so when my tub was gone, it was gone!!
1588079713065.png

Top Bottom