What's new

Powdery Barbershop scents.

Do you think the Lo Haiku matches up to the old Hai Karate scent?
The last time I smelled the real thing was in the sixties, so I couldn’t honestly say. A friend just picked up a partly used bottle of the real stuff on eBay, so I’ll get to have a whiff.

Well, the products themselves are seriously top notch. Hopefully the scent is what you are looking for.
It doesn’t matter. I’ve been collecting all different types of barbershop scents lately. I just wanted to make sure I got some good powdery ones in the mix. Right now I’m wearing HappyLand Barbershop by Strike Gold. It’s very pleasant. Not powdery. Pretty traditional.

I’ve also got two different brands of honeysuckle on the way, and I have no idea what a honeysuckle smells like.

Floid Genuine mentolado suave or Italian version are very powdery and very amazing. Both are used by many old-school barbers in Italy and Spain. They also feel very nice on the skin. I love both

It doesn’t matter. I’ve been collecting all different types of barbershop scents lately. I just wanted to make sure I got some good powdery ones in the mix. Right now I’m wearing HappyLand Barbershop by Strike Gold. It’s very pleasant. Not powdery. Pretty traditional.
I gave Barbiere Sofisticato a go this morning. I was concerned about the pink peppercorn note as I suspect this ingredient cause me some discomfort with another soap in this product line. Happy to report, absolute comfort with todays shave. I was more excited by the scent profile of the aftershave splash for Barbiere Sofisticato than i was by the soap. I thought it had a better representation of the bergamot and lavender. Again, i am not a fan of powder scents, but I’ll be happy to keep this one in rotation. Great shave to boot.

I’ve been exploring barbershop scented soaps and aftershaves lately. What I am looking for at the moment are some classic powdery type barbershop scents. I just got a bottle Highland Springs barbershop which is very nice. Like an infant fresh out of the bath and a freshly washed onesie. I quite like it, but it’s longevity is not so good. Any suggestions on powdery barbershop scents? Aftershaves or soaps are fine. Once I get pointed in the right direction I can do the research.
Not sure it would be classified as a traditional barbershop scent, but if you are looking for a nice powdery scent in an aftershave then Institut Karite ASB fits the bill perfectly.

Not sure it would be classified as a traditional barbershop scent, but if you are looking for a nice powdery scent in an aftershave then Institut Karite ASB fits the bill perfectly.
It must be popular. Every single product of theirs is sold out at Fendriham. I put my name on the notification list.

I’ve been exploring barbershop scented soaps and aftershaves lately. What I am looking for at the moment are some classic powdery type barbershop scents. I just got a bottle Highland Springs barbershop which is very nice. Like an infant fresh out of the bath and a freshly washed onesie. I quite like it, but it’s longevity is not so good. Any suggestions on powdery barbershop scents? Aftershaves or soaps are fine. Once I get pointed in the right direction I can do the research.

Hands down fave barbershop scent of mine. YES it does come in a 55 gallon drum too o_O

proxy.php

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I second the Vitos Aftershaving, as well the Floid Genuine. Vitos is a creamy orange and powder scent, while Floid is amber and powder. Another Italian is Figaro Monsieur Gold, which is powder and vanilla cupcake(!). Too sweet for me, but of course I only learned that AFTER buying a 400ml bottle.

So far, HSSC barber shop is about the powderyest I’ve found. Stirling barbershop is almost tied. Amazon should be delivering clubman pinaud fine powder within the hour. It won’t count, because it really is a powder. I don’t have a clue what I’m going to do with it yet.

Top Bottom