What's new

Powdery Barbershop scents.

I’ve been exploring barbershop scented soaps and aftershaves lately. What I am looking for at the moment are some classic powdery type barbershop scents. I just got a bottle Highland Springs barbershop which is very nice. Like an infant fresh out of the bath and a freshly washed onesie. I quite like it, but it’s longevity is not so good. Any suggestions on powdery barbershop scents? Aftershaves or soaps are fine. Once I get pointed in the right direction I can do the research.

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
How about Tabac, Pinaud Clubman, Paco Rabane Pour Homme, YSL Rive Gauche, or my favourite vintage Fabergé Brut? All those have the classic powdery dry down in my opinion.

I’ve got Seville. I haven’t used the soap yet, but I splashed some AF on my face to have a whiff. I love it, but it’s more citrus than powdery. I’m just trying to expand my scent selections.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
I’ve got Seville. I haven’t used the soap yet, but I splashed some AF on my face to have a whiff. I love it, but it’s more citrus than powdery. I’m just trying to expand my scent selections.

Whoops...you are correct...B&M Seville is not a particularly powdery scent. I put too much emphasis on the barbershop thing. Stirling Barbershop fits both categories though.

Stirling Barbershop, B&M Reserve Classic, PAA Sundown, (and a real throwback if you can find it) Skin Bracer Sport Talc

I love WSP Barbershop, but it is less powdery, but sill worth a sample.

I just got some barristers reserve classic but haven’t had it out of the box yet. I just got a big order in, it’ll take me a while to go through it. Stirling barbershop seems to be sold out everywhere. I’ve got my name on the notify List.
WSP? Sorry. Some of these initials get me stymied.

If that's your thing, you'll probably like the Proraso RED (Sandalwood). It's very traditional barbershop scent and IMHO it has that powdery note to it. The soap is probably the very best performer in that price range and their pre-shave cream is excellent.

Clubman is ‘the classic’ IMHO! I also like Fine American blend and Stirling Barbershop! :a29:
Which clubman....there are hundreds of them. I just got a bottle of Fine Classic. I’ve only sniffed the bottle so I don’t have an opinion, but there certainly isn’t anything good for your skin in it...alcohol, water, and scent.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
This, imo, is hands down the best powdery barber shop scent in the universe. It's like Proraso Green with a powdery vanilla scent with the same light menthol cool of Proraso Green:
013_15.jpg

Figaro Monsieur Ambra Aftershave Splash :001_wub:

Raven Koenes

My precious!
How about Floid Blue?
I haven't tried it. I've tried the Floid Blu inspired aftershave, Furbo Blu, but I found that to be more on the cologne side of things, unbearably so. It took 24 hours to be rid of the scent and I had to change my pillow case.

Okay. Thanks guys. I just put in an order. I have more I wanted on the list, but I had to stop somewhere.
You can view my order here.

I haven't tried it. I've tried the Floid Blu inspired aftershave, Furbo Blu, but I found that to be more on the cologne side of things, unbearably so. It took 24 hours to be rid of the scent and I had to change my pillow case.
I was lucky enough to score an unopened bottle of the original Floid Blue (Made in Spain) but when I tried the samples, I found that it was fine when you first put it on. I found that the scent didn't last very long & will be parting with this bottle of "unobtainium" in the near future. I can see why it appealed to so many folks but it's not one for me.

I think Stirling Barbershop does what you are asking for really well. I recently picked up some Lustray Blue Spice aftershave, and it hits the mark scent-wise as well.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom