What's new

Powder type aftershaves

EclipseRedRing

I smell like a Christmas pudding
Hmmm...... an aftershave with a powdery drydown? How about the greatest scent ever created by man? Which is that I hear you say...... why I speak of course of Fabergé Brut. If you can get an early one before the Brut 33 rebrand then you will not be disappointed but any Fabergé bottle will be fabulous.

An etalon of that old-school "American Barber Shop" powdery scent is Clubman by Clubman Pinaud .

That said, I'd find it hard to recommend it, as I can't stand powdery, old-school barber-shop-like scents.

1614084809294.png

A couple come to mind: PAA Sundown, B&M Reserve Classic, Stirling Barbershop (with more vanilla notes), and Vintage Skin Brace Sport Talc!

Totally agree with Clubman.

It is called Vitos Aftershaving. I always get it from Italian Barber, though it's out of stock right now.
View attachment 1227287
Oh this is getting tricky. Of my three goto online shops only Connaught has a bottle with this label with the description Tobacco scent - naturally it’s out of stock....

G&C has a Tobacco with a different (new?) label and Rasoigoodfellas has Vitos in all colors of the Rainbow but alas also totally sold out.

I used Murphy & McNeil Green Man Fourgère aftershave yesterday and it's powder all the way down for me.

Scent notes from M&M:
  • Scent Strength: Light to Medium
  • Top: Anise, Citrus
  • Heart: Lavender, Jasmine,
  • Base: Oakmoss, Rosewood, Vanilla
I use the non-alcohol version.

Pinaud Clubman, as said before, and Clubman Musk, and Royal Copenhagen, and (I'm told this one is powdery but haven't tried it yet) Stetson, maybe even British Sterling, too. Skin Bracer has a bit of it, also.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Oh this is getting tricky. Of my three goto online shops only Connaught has a bottle with this label with the description Tobacco scent - naturally it’s out of stock....

G&C has a Tobacco with a different (new?) label and Rasoigoodfellas has Vitos in all colors of the Rainbow but alas also totally sold out.
We need to call in @malocchio on this case. He turned me on to Vitos After Shaving some years ago. I think they may now market the After Shaving variety as Amber, but I'm not sure. The After Shaving 400ml bottles are now almost impossible to find.

in the colognes, I would recommend Ted Lapidus and Royal Copenhagen. They are both pretty powdery top to bottom.

Top Bottom