What's new

Poundland - Nivea Body Shaving Soap sticks

Hi everyone. I was in Poundland the other day and they are selling Nivea body shaving soap sticks for £1 (yeah, I know, it's Poundland). They are a twist-up shaving soap in a durable plastic container. I thought I'd buy one to see if it could be used for face lathering, like the Arko stick. I'm happy to say the results are impressive.

Applied the soap to the face and got to work with a synthetic brush. As quick as the Arko, it whipped up a fantastic creamy lather that holds up well and cushions brilliantly and caused no drag with my Parker Variant.

Went out and bought another £10 worth. Yeah they are chunkier than an Arko, but will still make a good travel soap due to the sturdy twist-up tube.
1570876598788-115280691.jpg

P.s. the scent is very pleasing and nothing like the Arko, for those that don't like the Arko smell.

It has surfactants, no doubt it lathers like mad. Also contains aloe and panthenol (moisturizes and improves wound healing), nice. Nivea never disappoints.

Thanks for the pic's and review

If I see them at a store. I'll get one fore sure to try out.

I'm really into shaving sticks right now.

Soaps can have SLS, it's actually common in soaps.

Technically, soap can only be called true soap if it contains Lye (sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, or wood ash). That’s the reason you won’t find the word soap anywhere on the label of that shave stick.

Technically, soap can only be called true soap if it contains Lye (sodium hydroxide, potassium hydroxide, or wood ash). That’s the reason you won’t find the word soap anywhere on the label of that shave stick.

100%. Was just stating that SLS also goes into soaps to improve latherability. Example Wilkinson Sword shaving soap (ingredients: Aqua, Stearic Acid, Sodium Hydroxide, Glycerin, Cocos Nucifera, Parfum, Coconut Acid, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Chloride, Diethylhexyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Dimethicone, Amyl Cinnamal, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool).

Looks interesting! We had a local Poundland briefly but it tried to compete with a more established Poundstretcher store and lost; still I'll keep an eye out for the Nivea stick and get one if it's cheap enough. I'm not intentionally trying to build a collection of shaving sticks but it's kind of happening anyway :)

Top Bottom