What's new

Potato Chip fans--your favorite brands and flavors?

I'm sorry, I have an addiction issue with potato chips/crisps and typically stay away from them (mostly at my doctor's advice).
Once a year on my birthday I visit the local UK import shop and pick up a few packets of Walkers. I like the Prawn Cocktail the most with Worcestershire, Steak and Onion, and Bacon following closely behind. Those last three are separate flavors btw ;)

1603210385453.png

All time favorite.

Ruffles All Dressed, but I will occasionally splurge on a bag of Sour Cream 'n' Onion along with a tub of Helluvagood Dip.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
When I was a kid around the holidays my mother would mix a packet of Lipton dry onion soup mix in some sour cream to make a potato chip dip that was a high sodium delight. I haven't had it in at least 30 years. I wonder would I still like it today?

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Before the brand went big, Cape Cod had a variety called 'Beachside Barbecue.' They were spicy and terrific, but have been replaced with a more generic barbecue flavor. Cape Cod's Russets are probably my faves now.

I feel your pain. I used to love Zapp's Gator Tators. They were incredible, as were the Crawtators. But, then, they got bought out by Utz. I have a lot of respect for Utz, and I like a lot of things that they do, but they messed up a lot of the Zapp's flavors. The salt & vinegar still are pretty good, but that's no surprise since Utz's salt & vinegar are fantastic.

I usually buy the Great Value chips at Walmart. Here in Canada or at least Alberta they are made by Old Dutch and are actually quite good. I like Salt and Vinegar, Plain Rippled and the Buffalo Wing flavours most.

When I was a kid around the holidays my mother would mix a packet of Lipton dry onion soup mix in some sour cream to make a potato chip dip that was a high sodium delight. I haven't had it in at least 30 years. I wonder would I still like it today?

That was an old standby. My mother and all of her friends did the same.

I'm surprised at how many people here count salt and vinegar chips as their favorites. I can't say that I dislike them but I doubt I'd ever buy them.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I'm surprised at how many people here count salt and vinegar chips as their favorites. I can't say that I dislike them but I doubt I'd ever buy them.

I wouldn't say that salt & vinegar are my favorite, but they certainly are among my favorite flavors. I love a good salt & pepper, too, as well as jalapeño, and I'll always have a special place in my heart for a good BBQ. A proper "plain" chip also is mighty good.

Oh, and do count me in as a Pringles fan, especially the Dill Pickle.

cleanshaved

I’m stumped

Here in NZ we use reduced cream and dry onion soup mix for a dip. The wife prefers ones made with a seafood soup mix. Add a splash of malt vinegar or lemon juice.

I prefer either salt and vinegar or just plan salted chips.

Hard to beat original Guy’s. That’s what I grew up with, & it’s still my favorite. I also enjoy a good jalapeño chip, but don’t have a particular brand I’m partial to.

Top Bottom