What's new

Potato Chip fans--your favorite brands and flavors?

I eat too many potato chips, the salty and crunchy snack is hard to resist. And as a side to burgers, hot dogs, and sandwiches, not much can beat 'em. My preferred brands are Guy's, Miss Vickie's, and Kettle Cooked. Lay's are tolerable, but they can't convince me they are better than my faves. Flavors are Jalapeno, Barbecue, Green Onion, Sour Cream and Onion, and of course Original. Can't get into all the designer and gourmet flavors because none have impressed me, and I have tried numerous flavors and never buy again. I also will walk past Lay's to get store brands, some of which are pretty good. To me, with an exception or two, Lay's aren't worth a third more in price, so their market dominance puzzles me. Certainly most people love potato chips, what trips your trigger? And this is about potato chips, gang, not corn chips/tortilla chips/Doritos.

Ravenonrock

I shaved the pig
My guilty pleasure is a can of Pringles. My dad and I used to sit together and eat a sleeve, he’d drink Manhattans and I’d drink ginger ale from the same style of glass he used. They‘d been out for a few years and were ll the rage. I will grab a can from time to time and drink a ginger ale.

Charles Chips! I'm not sure if they are around anymore, but they used to do deliveries to your house in the Mid-Atlantic states in the 70s. Also, Eagle Chips were excellent, but Anheuser-Busch shut down their Eagle Snacks division sometime before Inbev assimilated them.

Sun Chips in the green bag, unless you mean traditional potato chips in which case BBQ Lays.
I give up, I can't believe how threads get botched on this forum. This is about potato chips--not something that doesn't have potato anything (Sun Chips in the green bag). That's why I put the last sentence in, because I knew there would be replies about non-potato snacks if I didn't, and it STILL happens. Of course I meant potato chips. Like BBQ Lays.

Last edited:
Charles Chips! I'm not sure if they are around anymore, but they used to do deliveries to
your house in the Mid-Atlantic states in the 70s.
I remember the Charles Chips truck rolling up to my folk's house in New Jersey (I won't mention their other snacks in deference to the OP). I found this pic on Pinterest. Loved those tins that the chips came in. A quick internet search found them still available on Amazon and Vermont Country Store. The other go-to brand for those in the tri-state area (NY, NJ, CT) were Wise potato chips.

Charles Chips.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty easy as long as it is not Pringle’s or plain salt big chance I will eat it. Unfortunately we do not have that wide assortment of flavors you see in the USA. Actually if you take a tour in Europe you will see brands and flavors which are almost domestic.
So a peak in my drawer
Smiths paprika wokkels are allready finished just as the croky paprika thick ribbed. Those herrs are imported nice surprise from the international goodies issle.

Attachments

• 14CC7D6D-C699-45EF-BA4D-0EC4942AD4FE.jpeg
    14CC7D6D-C699-45EF-BA4D-0EC4942AD4FE.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 7
I give up, I can't believe how threads get botched on this forum. This is about potato chips--not something that doesn't have potato anything (Sun Chips in the green bag). That's why I put the last sentence in, because I knew there would be replies about non-potato snacks if I didn't, and it STILL happens. Of course I meant potato chips. Like BBQ Lays.
Please accept my apology for botching up your thread. I must admit that I did not read your original post all the way to the end and did not see the part about not including corn chips. I will do my best to be sure that I read all future posts completely before responding.

Mike Sell's is a great local brand, but I've been getting into making my own. The one I grew up on was Kelly's.

My wife likes to make kale chips in the air fryer.

But you mean "crisps", so it has to be Walkers salt and vinegar.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Potatoes have thin skins ... we're not supposed to.

Tirvine

ancient grey sweatophile
HEB store brand wavy are superb if you are fortunate enough to have a nearby HEB. I also like Charles and Cape Cod a lot. Pringles are marvelous for how darned potato-y they taste.

Top Bottom