What's new

Posting Pics

While this post may seem more appropriate in the Pics and Vids forum, I'm posting it in the General forum for more gents to read. Pics certainly add a lot to the forum. The SOTD pics and the Shaving Mall (Buy/Sell/Trade) forums are certainly enhanced by adding pics. However, if you are not uploading to the B&B Gallery, you are doing yourself a dis-service. Most of my time is spent at work, and I access the forum from work. But due to firewalls, pics posted in Photobucket or any other sources are blocked. Please take the time to upload to the B&B Gallery. I'm sure that I am not the only one in this situation. There have been items I would have purchased had I been able to view the pics. Also, as I undestand it, by uploading to the Gallery here, the pics are sized to fit the format of the forum.

Just my thoughts.

Randy

I wouldn't doubt that it's his firewall - I've seen some really dumb rules in IT. (It reminds me of TSA regulations, actually.)

That said, I plan to add lots of pretty pictures to my posts - as soon as I get a digital camera :laugh:

Randy,

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me it is a bad case of old-dog vs. new-trick (not that I am necessarily old or a dog - though I know some who might contest the last point). That said, the next time that I need/want to post a pic, I'll be sure to try uploading it here first... it seems like the least that I can do for somebody who contributes as much to B&B as you do.

NMMB said:
Randy,

I can't speak for anybody else, but for me it is a bad case of old-dog vs. new-trick (not that I am necessarily old or a dog - though I know some who might contest the last point). That said, the next time that I need/want to post a pic, I'll be sure to try uploading it here first... it seems like the least that I can do for somebody who contributes as much to B&B as you do.

Do it for me, too. :smile:

Not yet, but my work seems to be clamping down on this type of thing because of corporate IT paranoia. It will happen in time.

But really, I just wanted some of the NMMB love you showering Randy with.

Guys, regardless of firewalls, everyone should be using the Gallery. It resizes the pictures appropriately, plus the pictures are searchable unlike attachments.

That may explain the huge scans I was attaching in the Single-Ring Gillette thread earlier. I thought the attachments were resized automaticly as well. I guess not.

Yea, I have seen some companies blocking Imageshack and Photobucket at work via firewalls. Usually it's to prevent people from jerkin the gherkin during work hours! :thumbup1: These days, there's quite a few alternatives to them though. Best thing to do IMHO, is just consult with your IT dept and see which sites they're filtering through the 'wall and generally try to avoid Imageshack and Photobucket.

letterk said:
...But really, I just wanted some of the NMMB love you showering Randy with.

John,
Are you really that insecure with your contribution here? Good Lord, you MUST know that you contribute at least as much to B&B as Randy does (no mention as to the relative quality of the contributions - one of you may not like it! J/K :biggrin: )

Scotto said:
Guys, regardless of firewalls, everyone should be using the Gallery. It resizes the pictures appropriately, plus the pictures are searchable unlike attachments.

Bingo.

Not to mention, if pictures linked to on external servers disappear or move for any reason, they'll leave the dreaded red x in the thread instead of a pretty picture.

-Nick

Scotto said:
Not to mention the additional bandwidth consumed by the redirect.

Didnt know this ! live and learn each day.

thanks Randy for pointing this out, have no clue how to do it yet must be a no brainer probably but ill add to the gallery then... cant have you NOT see my pics after I finally got a digital camera.. too much sweat and pain... :001_tt1:

Just checked it I have 15MB left .what happends if its full ? you u/l it there and then link it to that spot when used in an article ? probably ..will figure it out..

It's only a matter of time before I loose access to the forums. One of the sites I visit, a Salt Lake City Radio site has a forum, and it is now blocked because of the forum. I can't access the MSN Wetshaver's group any more. Most links to ebay are also shot. It is very frustrating!

Randy

It's a shame that we've reached this level of paranoia regarding websites. Is this a Windows issue specifically?

At work we switched to Macs and our firewall lets me see everything on websites. Maybe I should ask our IT department if we should be stopping some things from getting through! :eek:

I hope things work out for you and your ability to view pages on the web.

Eh, just use some sort of transparent tunneling thing to get to the websites. If anonymizer isn't blocked, you can try that or some other form of proxy.

Top Bottom