What's new

Post Your Stash

I don't wanna see pics of your mustache! Whether it be your stash of Pipe Blends or your stash of smokes, post them here so everyone can see your pride and joy. If I can get at least 3 humidors posted by tommorrow (not links but personal humi's) I will make sure that the first thing I do when I get home is take a few photos of my stash; it's nothing special but it will give you guys a reason to post up yours and give me a reason to take some current photos.

proxy.php

Thats what i have a pic of, i hae two other stashes with some goodies but no pics!!

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I'd love to post pics of my stash. But that would require emptying my humi of about 800+ smokes and that's to much like work. Plus, I'd never manage to get them back in.

It's been too long since i've had one,,,,,, I see your post, I notice it's rather nice outside, perfect weather to slip out for a smoke. Coincidence, I think not :biggrin1:

View attachment 148880

I hope you don't keep your pipes/pipe tobacco in the humidor. Pipes should be kept in a place with some airflow, and pipe tobacco lasts best in mason jars if left for longer then 2 months, less then that and a baggy is fine. The moisture characteristics of a humidor are not ideal for pipes/pipe tobacco, and it actually flavors the tobacco unfavorably (as opposed to cigars which improve).

Nice Collections folks!

Nothing special, but I don't smoke very often. From top to bottom:
Drew Estates Java Latte
Montecristo Platinum Vintage 99' Rothchild
Montecristo 75th Anniversary No.4
Montecristo No.3
proxy.php

Last edited:
I agree with the earlier poster. Smoked pipes in a humidor is a bad recipe for both the pipe and the cigar. I pipe needs to dry out, and a cigar doesn't need to absorb the pipe odor.
Pipe tobacco is very durable and either should remained sealed in a jar or maintained in a tobacco jar with distilled water as necessary.
But hey, there are no rules.

I'd love to post pics of my stash. But that would require emptying my humi of about 800+ smokes and that's to much like work. Plus, I'd never manage to get them back in.

You can always post a pic of your humidor so we can drool over it:thumbup1:

captp

You can always post a pic of your humidor so we can drool over it:thumbup1:

Now you want me to work? Sheesh:laugh: I guess you want pics of my 2 lockers at the cigar shop, too. I'll see what I can do.
If I'm lucky, I managed to upload these shots from my phone card.

Hope that worked. Excuse the sideways shots, don't have a decent photo editor. The humi is a Montegue about 10 cubic feet. It looks packed full here, but I've managed to cram another 8-10 boxes in it since I took these shots. The humidity jars are gone all gone, replaced by a Cigar Oasis XL Plus electronic humidifier. Don't have any shots of the cigar shop lockers, but they hold another 20 or so boxes, plus, usually, a couple bottles of Single Malt.

Last edited:
Now you want me to work? Sheesh:laugh: I guess you want pics of my 2 lockers at the cigar shop, too. I'll see what I can do.
If I'm lucky, I managed to upload these shots from my phone card.

Hope that worked. Excuse the sideways shots, don't have a decent photo editor. The humi is a Montegue about 10 cubic feet. It looks packed full here, but I've managed to cram another 8-10 boxes in it since I took these shots. The humidity jars are gone all gone, replaced by a Cigar Oasis SL Plus electronic humidifier. Don't have any shots of the cigar shop lockers, but they hold another 20 or so boxes, plus, usually, a couple bottles of Single Malt.

I will see if I can come help you with your over-supply. I mean both the Single Malt and your cigars. PM me your phone number and I will get in touch when I am in the area.

captp

I will see if I can come help you with your over-supply. I mean both the Single Malt and your cigars. PM me your phone number and I will get in touch when I am in the area.

Stop by RAE's Tobacco Shop in Harrisburg. I'll be the guy pontificating about something. Currently have Glen Livet Nagurra in my locker.

I agree with the earlier poster. Smoked pipes in a humidor is a bad recipe for both the pipe and the cigar. I pipe needs to dry out, and a cigar doesn't need to absorb the pipe odor.
Pipe tobacco is very durable and either should remained sealed in a jar or maintained in a tobacco jar with distilled water as necessary.
But hey, there are no rules.

I'll jump in on this. After I smoke a pipe, I let it dry out for about 3 days. I have an old humi that my guitarist gave me that unfortunatley had mold in it. I killed all the mold and currently use it to store just my briars. All of my alternative wood pipes are in pipe bags. Obviously I do not keep a humidification device in the humi with the pipes but it makes a great storage box for the briars. My other humi is packed with cigars.

I'll jump in on this. After I smoke a pipe, I let it dry out for about 3 days. I have an old humi that my guitarist gave me that unfortunatley had mold in it. I killed all the mold and currently use it to store just my briars. All of my alternative wood pipes are in pipe bags. Obviously I do not keep a humidification device in the humi with the pipes but it makes a great storage box for the briars. My other humi is packed with cigars.

If you smoke them at all regularly they really need to air out between use all moisture is unlikely to be removed in three days. You run a risk of mold in your pipes and eventually the moisture from the pipes will soak into the humidor. Once that happens they will stop drying and go sour quickly if your lucky, deep mildew in the briar if your not.

Last edited:
If you smoke them at all regularly they really need to air out between use all moisture is unlikely to be removed in three days. You run a risk of mold in your pipes and eventually the moisture from the pipes will soak into the humidor. Once that happens they will stop drying and go sour quickly if your lucky, deep mildew in the briar if your not.

I keep a digital hygrometer in there and it registers less than 20%. I have a large collection of pipes, well about 30-35 but I do not smoke regularly. Maybe 2 bowls per week.

Top Bottom