What's new

Post your shave dens!

Brion? How's that scent.
Vlad,
Thank you for the correct answer - it's an old-school favorite from Serbia (where I grew up). I am very fond of it as it reminds me of my grandfather, so I just had my father bring a package of their full product brought line.
Aftershaves are mentholated and work very well. Scents:
1. Original Brion (and my favorite) - light brown package - earthy, slightly bitter with a hint of Almond and Menthol
2. Elegant - dark brown - musky like scent
3. Sensitive - white package - cheap medicinal

Cream:
1. A bit grainy and not to easy to whip into lather (it's like ground soap). I am still testing it and will post a full review.

Thank you,
Dragan

Last edited:
Here is my current one

proxy.php

I did my second wetshave this evening, and it went better than the first one! No nicks or cuts this time, and an overall smoother shave. I think I'm on the right track :001_smile

So, here are the humble beginnings of my shave den (sorry for slightly crappy cellphone pictures):

$CxsP2.jpg

The brush is an Omega Pure Badger 63167. The rest is, as you can probably guess, Nivea moisturizing AS balm, Old Spice AS, Antoino Banderas The Golden Secret AS, alum block, Arko stick!

$IrHVZ.jpg

Fisherman's Friend box is my blade bank. Razor on the left is a Lord L6, the one on the right is the $5.40 Rimei razor from dealextreme.com. Haven't tried the latter yet, but it feels quite nice in my hand. Also, at that price, there wasn't much to lose by ordering one. It might make a good travelling razor? We'll see. Assorted blades from sample pack on top left. Extra bottle of Nivea AS balm on top right (found it at half price, so I bought the last two in the store!).

Shave on!

Spoonylove, good job on the Starbucks lather mug conversion! I will post pics of my shave den soon - can't wait.

Last edited:
Heres my shave den,

only a newbie and been shaving for a couple of weeks, went straight onto straight razors, i really fancy a new shaving brush, possibly a simpsons colonel, my first DE razor and some post shave balm as since buying taylors cream, the men u stuff doesnt cut the mustard. I am thinking of getting a proraso set up so the pre/post the balm and the cream, as well as another balm for the taylors set. Can anyone recommend one? DO taylors do a good one, i do like the set of shaving equip. What DE razor should i go for as a good beginners one?

$DSC_0008.jpg

Please ignore the KoS razor, it fills a gap until I get a DE razor. It also reminds me of how much better my shaves are now!

Heres my shave den,

only a newbie and been shaving for a couple of weeks, went straight onto straight razors, i really fancy a new shaving brush, possibly a simpsons colonel, my first DE razor and some post shave balm as since buying taylors cream, the men u stuff doesnt cut the mustard. I am thinking of getting a proraso set up so the pre/post the balm and the cream, as well as another balm for the taylors set. Can anyone recommend one? DO taylors do a good one, i do like the set of shaving equip. What DE razor should i go for as a good beginners one?

View attachment 245296

Please ignore the KoS razor, it fills a gap until I get a DE razor. It also reminds me of how much better my shaves are now!

Your shave den definitely qualifies for this thread. Very nice and simple. In terms of what DE, you'll find some good advice on B&B. Good luck.

bumping a 2y old thread....let's see some more up-to-date Den Pictures.

When i started wet shaving a little over a year ago, I took over out little en suite in the bedroom

While not the biggest or most extravagant, it's become my area and my wife is OK with it. The kids love using the "Men's Room" and that is where they have their "fun shaves".

I'm a big music, vinyl and rock poster (silk screen) lover, hence the PJ Silk Screen from the last time I saw them in my city.

Here are a few shots of it (as of today), dirty sink and all :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved looking at everyone's stuff. I have lots of great ideas for when we finally move out of this apartment, and I get a proper bathroom. The bag in the back corner is a T&H sampler. Sorry for the cell phone pics. Cheers!
My Shave Box, about 6 months in:
$PDen.JPG
$D1.JPG
$D2.JPG

Top Bottom