What's new

Post your shave dens!

Hi...unfortunately no they don't. They do however have frequent sales...some more % than the other. Yaqi or other Chinese made brushes (DS Cosmetics) are the most affordable and most varied choices for me here in Malaysia.
I was just being a little cheeky as you seem to have an affinity for the brand. Highly justified affinity IMO as they are fantastic brushes. Just ordered the Mysterious Space from Aliexpress the other day and am looking forward to giving it a swirl

I was just being a little cheeky as you seem to have an affinity for the brand. Highly justified affinity IMO as they are fantastic brushes. Just ordered the Mysterious Space from Aliexpress the other day and am looking forward to giving it a swirl
Hahahahaha....no worries at all. I would love to get brushes from other brands but it is just too expensive especially with shipping. My affinity with Yaqi is because they are cheap and there are many varieties...hahahaha.
Do look out for sales. I only buy during a good sales period. I bought a few things including a brush back in the March sales but just for your info, shipping from Aliexpress is really slow..it's almost 2 months and I am still waiting...
I have more brushes (Yaqi, DS Cosmetic & Oumo) in the Aliexpress cart just waiting for the next sale. Just to see which gives the best discount. I am expecting the next sales in June.

Where you from if I may ask Sir? Canada?

Best regards,

Hahahahaha....no worries at all. I would love to get brushes from other brands but it is just too expensive especially with shipping. My affinity with Yaqi is because they are cheap and there are many varieties...hahahaha.
Do look out for sales. I only buy during a good sales period. I bought a few things including a brush back in the March sales but just for your info, shipping from Aliexpress is really slow..it's almost 2 months and I am still waiting...
I have more brushes (Yaqi, DS Cosmetic & Oumo) in the Aliexpress cart just waiting for the next sale. Just to see which gives the best discount. I am expecting the next sales in June.

Where you from if I may ask Sir? Canada?

Best regards,
This will be the my first Yaqi from Ali, other three were from amazon (sold via a Canadian merchant but fulfilled by amazon.ca, so quick but a little more expensive than direct). I've only purchased Yaqi synthetics so far but they're a wonderful knot.

I've bought a fair bit of electronic components through aliexpress and while the pricing is great the shipping can be painfully slow.

And yes correct good man, I am from Canada. Western part of the country where the prairies meet the Rocky Mountains.

Attachments

• kan (1).jpg
    kan (1).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
  • kan (2).JPG
    kan (2).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 37
  • kan (3).JPG
    kan (3).JPG
    2 MB · Views: 36
Hi...unfortunately no they don't. They do however have frequent sales...some more % than the other. Yaqi or other Chinese made brushes (DS Cosmetics) are the most affordable and most varied choices for me here in Malaysia.
Ah, Malaysia. My wife and I were supposed to be boarding a plane tomorrow for our first visit to Malaysia (Singapore and Indonesia as well). We are hopeful we can re-schedule for next year!

This will be the my first Yaqi from Ali, other three were from amazon (sold via a Canadian merchant but fulfilled by amazon.ca, so quick but a little more expensive than direct). I've only purchased Yaqi synthetics so far but they're a wonderful knot.

I've bought a fair bit of electronic components through aliexpress and while the pricing is great the shipping can be painfully slow.

And yes correct good man, I am from Canada. Western part of the country where the prairies meet the Rocky Mountains.
Would that be west of Calgary? I spent parts of 6 summers in Calgary/Kananaskis/Banff back in the late 80's/early 90's and what natural beauty. For you to live anywhere similar would just be amazing. An outdoorsman's paradise.

Would that be west of Calgary? I spent parts of 6 summers in Calgary/Kananaskis/Banff back in the late 80's/early 90's and what natural beauty. For you to live anywhere similar would just be amazing. An outdoorsman's paradise.
You are correct, good eye. First picture is from a ridge on Moose Mountain looking east, second the Highwood River and last near Priddis.

Wow....really beautiful country and Rocky mountain!! Thanks for sharing. Good shave products from Canada too. I have a shipment of aftershaves pending from IB....hahahahaha

Ah, Malaysia. My wife and I were supposed to be boarding a plane tomorrow for our first visit to Malaysia (Singapore and Indonesia as well). We are hopeful we can re-schedule for next year!
Wow...really yah, what a bummer. Best time to visit too, all 3 countries are great and especially for Malaysia and Indonesia, there's much variety of natural attractions. Yes, definitely better next year. If you need any info or tips please let me know.

I'll bump it for you... Just finished hanging a replacement shelf in the bathroom. I tried to be a little less "rustic" with this one, but nothing ever comes out just right! I will say that it doesn't lean in 15 different directions, at least not to the extent the pics make it appear. Very slowly improving, except with the router.

It's Cherry, Maple and Walnut finished in so-called Tung Oil.

20230219_145206.jpg

20230219_161003.jpg

The razor shelf:
20230219_160750.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I'll bump it for you... Just finished hanging a replacement shelf in the bathroom. I tried to be a little less "rustic" with this one, but nothing ever comes out just right! I will say that it doesn't lean in 15 different directions, at least not to the extent the pics make it appear. Very slowly improving, except with the router.

View attachment 1608829
View attachment 1608830
The razor shelf:
View attachment 1608832
Beautifully done my friend! I don't see any of the issues you mentioned. Congrats!

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

View attachment 1608829
View attachment 1608830
The razor shelf:
View attachment 1608832

That is beyond beautiful, its downright exquisite, and I love it! 😍

You should be proud of what you accomplished here sir! Your more of a skilled wood worker then you realize. I have extremely basic carpentry skills, that wouldn't even touch your skills of wood working, so kudo's. And what an amazing selection of shaving gear too! 😍

Beautifully done my friend! I don't see any of the issues you mentioned. Congrats!

Hello Dan! I hope you have been well my friend! Hope your keeping Arkoland safe from veggy Tabac invaders. 😝 Just remember, there is no greater critique, then ones own artist. ;)

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
These post your shave den threads are awesome, cause I get to see all the amazing setups that you folks have. A lot of you who have wood working skills, tend to be quite curative. And some of you, even renovate your shave dens to look space age, and that just tickles my fancy too. My shave den is fairly simple, I managed to do a good bit on a low budget. I have an old home with 40 year old amenities, so one can only do so much.

This was my counter space before I upgraded my shave den...

proxy.php

The bowls are still there, just moved into the corner more, and I have moved the aftershave to the aftershave shelf.

This is how I used to store my shaving gear prior to the upgrade...

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is how I store my shaving gear since the upgrade...

Razors and brushes are stored on a razor and brush stand made out of Cherry hard wood and varnished, made by an artist on Etsy.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Aftershaves are stores on the aftershave shelf, and shave soap is stored on the shave soap shelf, both of which I bought off of Amazon and installed onto the wall studs. They also have an rustic feel to them.

proxy.php

proxy.php

And of course, as with all things in this wet shaving hobby filled with AD to the MAX, my blade collection expanded, I have many brands of blades now, and a lot of them. For someone like me who only started traditional wet shaving in March of 2022, I'd like to think I got a lot lol.

proxy.php

For the record, I have 250 more Wizamet blades under the sink. I plan to get a couple hundred more blades of another brand soon, which should hopefully raise my blade count to at least 1000 for this year. Trust me, there is no greater lunacy, then when one is in competition with themselves, and yet, I still do it lol.

Top Bottom