What's new

Post your shave dens!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Brother, I'm going to show the War Department your pics so she can see just how bad I don't have it the next time she vetoes an expenditure!

Yep, I'll bet you still ain't spent as much as you could have on the cartridges!
Believe me...it ain't easy but my reasoning (with my war dept) was that I have had missed 30years of pleasure and under utilized bathroom times.
Often times I have promised it'll be the last but there's always an excuse for the next...be it a razor or a soap/cream....usually the magic words "sale" "discounts" "rare & hard to find" tends to soothes and aligned with the war dept. policies.
Fortunate or unfortunate...I live far from the US and Europe so the shipping cost really puts a brake on more acquisitions. I have some vintages in sight (Ebay US) but warnings from the war dept. is received so let's see if shipping cost can be explained better.
Thanks for comments...

FarmerTan

Believe me...it ain't easy but my reasoning (with my war dept) was that I have had missed 30years of pleasure and under utilized bathroom times.
Often times I have promised it'll be the last but there's always an excuse for the next...be it a razor or a soap/cream....usually the magic words "sale" "discounts" "rare & hard to find" tends to soothes and aligned with the war dept. policies.
Fortunate or unfortunate...I live far from the US and Europe so the shipping cost really puts a brake on more acquisitions. I have some vintages in sight (Ebay US) but warnings from the war dept. is received so let's see if shipping cost can be explained better.
Thanks for comments...
You sound like you and your War Department have a great relationship too. I'd be dead long ago if not for mine, and since all she does is save money, I look at it as my Civic duty to spend it.

Someone in this house has to keep the free market rollin' !

What a lucky girl she TRULY is, lol!

FarmerTan

Now that's a pretty good den for being less than a year in. You rabbit-holed pretty hard there :) congrats and hope you enjoy all your shaves for the rest of your life!
Yep, he is obviously an over-achiever! He's done good.

I'm scared to post all of my stuff. Mainly because I dont want to face how deep my RAD goes. I have too much stuff. Most of it I got for really cheap. And the scary thing is I have given away so much already.

I just realized I'm not even a year in. Ok I need a support group for my addiction.

Now that's a pretty good den for being less than a year in. You rabbit-holed pretty hard there :) congrats and hope you enjoy all your shaves for the rest of your life!
Yep, he is obviously an over-achiever! He's done good.
I'm scared to post all of my stuff. Mainly because I dont want to face how deep my RAD goes. I have too much stuff. Most of it I got for really cheap. And the scary thing is I have given away so much already.

I just realized I'm not even a year in. Ok I need a support group for my addiction.

Thanks....it is indeed a bottomless rabbit hole for me....I need support too...with another razor I hope I'll stop (it's on the way now) 😆😆

Thanks....it is indeed a bottomless rabbit hole for me....I need support too...with another razor I hope I'll stop (it's on the way now) 😆😆

You wont stop. I'm already trying to think of what to sell to get another razor. And brushes omg I have brush acquisition disorder bad. I think I have like 20 brushes right now and have given away probably 15. Straights I have a cigar box full of shave ready straights and a drawer in my dresser with probably 10 I need to restore and get shave ready. I am sending some to a friend to hone and change a couple scales. One is a NOS ERN 1910 that the blade doesn't center and was closed hard to dent the edge. I'm not good enough at restoring and honing to fix that. I have a second cigar box with DE razors. I have a box with soaps and mostly samples. I have another box with aftershaves. in the bathroom I have 8 aftershaves. a couple soaps. The brushes that are up in rotation. A shave mug I use to soak my brush and the captains choice lather bowl I just got today. In the hall on the shelf I have the whetstones I have and in the closet I have most of my strops. A couple of strops I loaned to a friend. I think I have 11 strops right now maybe more I dont know. I'm scared to really put into perspective what I have.

You wont stop. I'm already trying to think of what to sell to get another razor. And brushes omg I have brush acquisition disorder bad. I think I have like 20 brushes right now and have given away probably 15. Straights I have a cigar box full of shave ready straights and a drawer in my dresser with probably 10 I need to restore and get shave ready. I am sending some to a friend to hone and change a couple scales. One is a NOS ERN 1910 that the blade doesn't center and was closed hard to dent the edge. I'm not good enough at restoring and honing to fix that. I have a second cigar box with DE razors. I have a box with soaps and mostly samples. I have another box with aftershaves. in the bathroom I have 8 aftershaves. a couple soaps. The brushes that are up in rotation. A shave mug I use to soak my brush and the captains choice lather bowl I just got today. In the hall on the shelf I have the whetstones I have and in the closet I have most of my strops. A couple of strops I loaned to a friend. I think I have 11 strops right now maybe more I dont know. I'm scared to really put into perspective what I have.
Wow..!! Now that's a huge wow!! My eyes becomes bigger & bigger reading your collections.
Your SR collections is my envy..hahahaha..mine is not shave ready enough and there's no good honing experts near my area. Luckily, that put a stop to my SR addictions.
Yup...I would say it is my 'remote' location that's helping me with some sort of control albeit waiting for the gates to be open....any sales or discounts...LOL!.

Wow..!! Now that's a huge wow!! My eyes becomes bigger & bigger reading your collections.
Your SR collections is my envy..hahahaha..mine is not shave ready enough and there's no good honing experts near my area. Luckily, that put a stop to my SR addictions.
Yup...I would say it is my 'remote' location that's helping me with some sort of control albeit waiting for the gates to be open....any sales or discounts...LOL!.

Ask on here there are numerous people who will hone razors for you until you are able to hone them yourself. Work on getting one stone at a time. If you get someone to hone them for you you can start with a 12k stone to touch up the edge which is so much easier than setting the bevel through final hone. Then just work on one stone at a time. Most of the straights I have in the dresser I got for like 10 bucks. It's fun sanding the blades and bringing them back to glory. It is actually to me very relaxing restoring and honing.

So far, I finally settled for a bit with supplies (except a pending MWF order). Topside stays there at all times and just pick a soap/AS combo from down below.
Den Topside.jpg
Den Cave.jpg

carluchi,

I used some flexible wire (low enough gauge that it is easy bendable) and different PVC pipe sizes for the bends. For the bases, some wood I had laying around. A bit of sanding, mineral oil coat, gorilla clear glue and all set. Just scrap pieces I had around the house.

If you like to tinker around, just take your time. It is all about enjoying yourself with the hobby. You can see with the Sagrada Familia stand, I got a bit distracted and ended up backwards, lol!! It just gives it a bit of character.

Cheers!

Top Bottom