What's new

Post your shave dens!

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
[...]
Sign plus Shaving Hand Towel (display only), from Zazzle on other wall.

Den - New Image.JPG

Den - New Image - 1.JPG

1st Row;
Small Plastic Spray Bottle filled w/ alcohol for blade & razor sterilization.
Custom Oak Shave Stand (2 Brush, 3 DE Razor and 2 Str8)...holding my B & B Boar Brushes (Gold Flake & 10th Anniversary), Cinderella str8 razor (display only...made in Germany for L. Wolfe, Detroit, MI), 'special' str8 razor (display only...made in Germany for E.F. Stephan, New Haven, CT), Gillette (W-2 = 1951), razor w/ a Durham Duplex handle (travel use), my Merkur 38C (home use), and the Mrs. Lady Gillette (I-1 = 1963), Razor.
Sears, Roebuck & Co. Catalog Ceramic Shaving Mug (Home use...to hold my VDH Scented Luxury & Arko Shave Soap [w/ a plumbers '3in Knock-out Test Cap' for a lid).
American Highway Legends die-cast Mack CJ Tractor and Trailer (1:64 scale), advertising Gillette Razor Blades.

2nd Row;
Antique 4oz Glass Bpottle of ED. Pinaud 'Elixir' Shampoo.
Vintage Pinuad Talc Can.
Fiat 850 Furgonato Coriasco die-cast (1:43 scale), Delivery Van advertising Gillette Blu Razor Blades.
Vintage EverReady Razor Bank.
Empty Vintage 6oz Pinaud Glass Bottle w/ screw-top.

Moved to other Bathroom;
Vintage 8oz Pinuad Glass Bottle w/ cork Stopper (filled w/ Clubman Reserve Gent's Gin AS/Cologne).
Vintage 6oz Pinaud Glass Bottle w/ cork Stopper (filled w/ Clubman Reserve Brandy Spice AS/Cologne).
Vintage 8oz Pinaud Glass Bottle w/ cork Stopper (filled w/ Clubman Reserve Whiskey Woods AS/Cologne).

Mounted in space above (from bottom to top..'Display Only');
Vintage Str8 Razor 'Finest Pinaud Wedge' made in Wayland, N.Y. by G.D. Abrams & Son.
A 'gifted' Str8 Razor by F.R. Wellmann - Altona - Goldene MFDaille.
Vintage (1932's), Durham Duplex Str8 Razor.

3rd Row;
Vintage Burma-Shave Glass Jar w/ lid filled with Voshkod Razor Blades and a natural cork (for 'corking').
B & B Shaving Mug.

Top Row;
Pelican (Louisiana's State Bird), Razor Bank.
Vintage 2oz Glass Bottle of French Pinaud Brilliantine (Hair Tonic), from 1898 (display only).
Vintage Pinuad Talc Can.
Robert Becker (medium) Cactus Sand Scuttle (used approx 10%), w/ lid & cork stopper.
Gents:
Moved a few things around in my Den (marked in Red or Blue).
correction-icon-png.853408

shave-den-11-jpg.786811
"A [shave den] with plenty of provisions is better than a [starving bathroom]". Irish Proverb

Looks Like you have some Nice Brushes ,what are the two wood brushes in the front right ?
Thanks! You probably already know that I turn brushes so I have several customs. The one on the edge is a bocote handle with a 24mm maggard mixed knot (thanks in part to you!) And the one next to it is actually an acrylic handle in gold. I just used a whole bunch of gold pearl ex and that's how it came out. It goes really well with the 24mm maggard tuxedo.

If you look on the back right corner, there's an Indian rosewood handle with a 24mm TGN silvertip and the one in my stand is a black ash burl handle with a 24mm maggard synth.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Graydog

Biblical Innards
Thanks! You probably already know that I turn brushes so I have several customs. The one on the edge is a bocote handle with a 24mm maggard mixed knot (thanks in part to you!) And the one next to it is actually an acrylic handle in gold. I just used a whole bunch of gold pearl ex and that's how it came out. It goes really well with the 24mm maggard tuxedo.

If you look on the back right corner, there's an Indian rosewood handle with a 24mm TGN silvertip and the one in my stand is a black ash burl handle with a 24mm maggard synth.

Aaron do you have any close up pictures ?
How do you like that 70/30 ?

Aaron do you have any close up pictures ?
How do you like that 70/30 ?
I just had knee surgery yesterday so im not able to snap any close up pics right now but I will say, that mixed knot is quickly becoming one of my most used.

I set it at around 55mm which is considerably higher than most of my badgers because of the backbone that the boar bristles have. When I first used it, I thought it was WAY to scritchy for me but I pressed through a couple weeks with it and it is rapidly becoming as soft as kitten hair.

Also, I found that setting the knot a little higher it acts more like a boar knot. Eats hard soaps for breakfast and releases my lather perfectly. All in all, I'm finding it to be a GREAT knot. What about you?

So many awesome pictures in this thread!

I’ve been confined to my closet, and here is what I have so far, after one year. Current lineup on the lower shelf.

Attachments

• 8710580E-987B-49D7-B003-AFBFC6211B43.jpeg
    8710580E-987B-49D7-B003-AFBFC6211B43.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 86
Top Bottom