What's new

Post your shave dens!

Just finished the remodel.
IMG_1145.JPG IMG_1146.JPG New_1_IMG_1142.JPG

Mike:
Awesome Den...I like how you re-purposed the Timex display cabinet! :thumbsup:

shave-den-11-jpg.786811
“A [shave den] with plenty of provisions is better than a [starving bathroom]”. Irish Proverb

Thank you Sir.

I ran across the display a couple of weeks ago at a flea market. They wanted $15 for it, when I plugged it in, the light didn't work and it didn't rotate. They said they would take $10 as is, so I figured what the heck. When I got home, I plugged it in, the light came on, and it started to rotate. Win,Win! I was expecting it to slowly rotate, but this one turns a 1/4 turn then stops for about 15 seconds then then rotates another 1/4 turn.

I just moved, and bought a couple new display cases so I can expand. I’m still unpacking stuff, but here is what I have so far.

proxy.php

Just razors: Top-Bottom: Ever-Ready, GEM, Gillette, all others.
proxy.php

Mugs and Brushes:
proxy.php

Aftershave:
Top: Old Spice
Mid: Amway and soon to be Skin Bracer & Misc.
Bottom : Aqua Velva and Williams
proxy.php

Military Razors:Top
And other Misc Stuff
proxy.php

After I get the rest unpacked and situated, I’ll take better, more detailed pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
No doubt it activates The Cone of Silence, so that no one can hear him shaving.

"What was that?"

"What?"

"What was that you said?"

"When?"

"What you said! Just now!"

"I said, 'It activates The Cone of Silence, so no one . . .' Oh, never mind."
Ben:
Now that's funny!
proxy.php

proxy.php
"[Silence] begins in delight and ends in wisdom.” Robert Frost

Last edited:

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
I just moved, and bought a couple new display cases so I can expand. I’m still unpacking stuff, but here is what I have so far.

proxy.php

Just razors: Top-Bottom: Ever-Ready, GEM, Gillette, all others.
proxy.php

Mugs and Brushes:
[Wow...what a 'lovely' EverReady Brush on the top of your cabinet..what size is the brush
proxy.php
Looks hugeee! :thumbsup: ]

proxy.php

Aftershave:
Top: Old Spice
Mid: Amway and soon to be Skin Bracer & Misc.
Bottom : Aqua Velva and Williams
[Wow...again...what a EverReady Brush on the top of this cabinet
proxy.php
What size is the brush
proxy.php
Looks hugeee! :thumbsup: ]

proxy.php

Military Razors:Top
And other Misc Stuff
proxy.php

After I get the rest unpacked and situated, I’ll take better, more detailed pics.
KJ:
Awesome Den...(as always my friend), I'm green with envy!
proxy.php

shave-den-11-jpg.786811
“What’s in your den?” CBJ

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Thank you Sir.

I ran across the display a couple of weeks ago at a flea market. They wanted $15 for it, when I plugged it in, the light didn't work and it didn't rotate. They said they would take $10 as is, so I figured what the heck. When I got home, I plugged it in, the light came on, and it started to rotate. Win,Win! I was expecting it to slowly rotate, but this one turns a 1/4 turn then stops for about 15 seconds then then rotates another 1/4 turn.
Mike:
plus-one-png.797576
...then...you got a 'great' deal! Über-Awesome! :thumbsup:

shave-den-11-jpg.786811
"A [shave den] can have identity...just like a person". William Stanford

Last edited:
december_was_a_busy.jpg

I really got into things right before Thanksgiving. Prior to this I lived by VDH brush, 23c, and proraso red or green. Thanks for enabling me!

proxy.php

I don’t think this qualifies as a “den” just yet. More of a small shelf! But I had none of this a week or so ago, so quite happy so far.

The den is growing 4 weeks on from when I started!

proxy.php

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
View attachment 851516 View attachment 851515
Spreading out. Took over the empty nest kids’ bathroom for the straights [
proxy.php
] .
bigred:
Niceeee set-up...really love the custom racks form your shaving 'tackle'. :thumbsup:

I see your have a lot of str8 razors: me on the other hand are wayyy too nervous & 'shaky' to try myself (I too have a few str8's [5] but set out two [2] for display only).
proxy.php

shave-den-11-jpg.786811

Last edited:
bigred:
Niceeee set-up...really love the custom racks form your shaving 'tackle'. :thumbsup:

I see your have a lot of str8 razors: me on the other hand are wayyy too nervous & 'shaky' to try myself (I too have a few str8's [5] but set out two [2] for display only).
proxy.php

shave-den-11-jpg.786811

My collection of straights is much more addicting and expensive than DEs. I’ve evolved into a preference for them and I’m comfortable with the shaving and stropping. I haven’t dived into honing; still hiring that out. Re the racks, I got them off Etsy. I wish I had the talent to create my own. Good luck with your str8s.

Top Bottom