What's new

Post your Pictures......Dovo

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
OK I am going to get this one started. It is time for a new round of Pics. We want to see all those Dovo's you have hiding out there. I have one and it is not even in my hands yet so to get the ball rolling here are a couple of pics of my newly aquired Dovo Special.

Attachments

• $dovotort1.jpg
    $dovotort1.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 1,434
  • $dovotort2.jpg
    $dovotort2.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,432
I only have one Dovo, and it happens to be that special pictured there, and a much finer pic. than i could take. Any way enjoy the razor, It is truly an under appreciated razor IMHO. Hones up great and i find that for some reason it gives me, for lack of a better description, one of the softest shaves possible.

Ian

Egads, just saw my post count, don't attach any special meaning to it.

Last edited:
Scott,
I have that same 6/8 Dovo and it shaves better than my Prima Klang and on par with my vintage. That might be the best value straight out there for new razors.

Here's a picture of my vintage one before cleaning here up. Don;t have any recent ones at work.

Attachments

• $Dovo 98.jpg
    $Dovo 98.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,413

Mike H

Instagram Famous
New Dovo Astrale
proxy.php

Old Dovo Astrale
proxy.php

The differences are the old has cardboard box, engraved tang, and gold wash inside blade label.
The new is in a metal tin, laser printed tang, and no gold wash inside blade label.
Quality on both razors is very good.
I like the shave from the old one better, but it may be psychosomatic.

And my Bismarck...
proxy.php

Last edited:

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
Scott,
I have that same 6/8 Dovo and it shaves better than my Prima Klang and on par with my vintage. That might be the best value straight out there for new razors.

Here's a picture of my vintage one before cleaning here up. Don;t have any recent ones at work.

Those scales are a beaut how did the blade clean up?

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
New Dovo Astrale
proxy.php

Old Dovo Astrale
proxy.php

The differences are the old has cardboard box, engraved tang, and gold wash inside blade label.
The new is in a metal tin, laser printed tang, and no gold wash inside blade label.
Quality on both razors is very good.
I like the shave from the old one better, but it may be psychosomatic.

And my Bismarck...
proxy.php

I like the Bismark. I am starting into a whole new world here, I am loving these pictures.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
Staff member
My one and only dovo - 6/8 pearlex

proxy.php

Once I get good at this and know for sure I am in it for the long haul I need to get one of those. I will trade you a Bill Ellis custom for it. Some guy by the name of mdunn is having one shipped to me.:001_tt1:

Last edited:
Here is a Fritz Bracht Dovo that I owned a while back. Not sure who's got it now, but it is a fine shaver.

Attachments

• $FB Dovo, TI - 1.jpg
    $FB Dovo, TI - 1.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,339
Pearlex 5/8, it's a real nice shaver.

Attachments

• $100_3084.jpg
    $100_3084.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 1,213
  • $100_3082.jpg
    $100_3082.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 1,215