What's new

Post your Favourite 5 soaps and let your fellow B&Bers recommend another soap for you to try!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Do you have Speick stick? I bet you would love Palmolive stick as well. Palmolive is discontinued but still can be found.
Of course, I know both very well. They are great soaps, but I have taken the final decision to stop using tallow. Thank you anyway for the suggestion my friend. :001_smile

Another soap I absolutely desire to try in the near future is SV Tundra Artica Beta 4.3. I LOVE Saponificio Varesino so much... :001_wub:

Do you have a store or link? TIA
No idea where you can get Palmolive off the top of my head but Speick is readily available. Likely less than from the below…

Still quite new at this. My current top five (no particular order) are as follows, and I would love recommendations for similar scents and bases:

1. Goodfella's Smile Abysso
  2. Stirling Deep Blue Sea
  3. B&M Vespers
  4. RazoRock Green Label
  5. Zingari Man The Navigator
Honorable mention: Savon de Rasage Oasis (have only shaved 3 times, but it's on its way up fast - though admittedly more for the scent than for the base).

Of course, I know both very well. They are great soaps, but I have taken the final decision to stop using tallow. Thank you anyway for the suggestion my friend. :001_smile

Another soap I absolutely desire to try in the near future is SV Tundra Artica Beta 4.3. I LOVE Saponificio Varesino so much... :001_wub:
Marco I beleive the new Speick sticks are no longer tallow.

1. PAA Ck6 the beach
2. Southern witchcrafts arcane abyss or gravefruit II
3. B&M fougere angelique
4. Caties bubbles Bluegere
5. CRSW limenthol (unfortunately soap is discontinued & vendor might be too or hiatus?)

Last edited:
Rankings are somewhat fluid as I experiment with different lather building techniques. In no particular order:

MWF
Tabac
RR XXX Fresca
Stirling
Strike Gold Shave (just a sample)

On deck: DR Harris sandalwood, Mike's

Rejected: Williams, Proraso white, TOBS Lavender, RR What the Puck?

Has struck my interest but not tried:
B&M Omnibus base

I already have too many soaps to get through any time soon, not sure it makes sense to keep experimenting.

Any Truefitt and Hill cream
Any St. James of London Cream (other than Geranium/Lavender which is boring)
Dec.Grooming Gratiot League Square
Wholly Kaw Bourbon
B&M Seville
Bonus: A&E Khalifa
Acqua di Parma Colonia

Have been using B&M Omnibus base and almost said "any." Its good, but so are the current Dec. Grooming and Wholly Kaws.

I’ve got way too many soaps. I can’t get past Cella (brick). For me it is the best.
Don’t let the low price fool you.

1. Stirling Orange Chill
2. Stirling Glacial Lemon

I am a fan of citrusy and mentholated soaps, if anyone knows some that are comparable, let me know!

I really like Arko. However, I wish I could find it in a disk form rather than the stick. I also use Williams, but it lasts so long that I am still using my original supply after 5 years.

1) Nivea Men Protect & Care (tube)
2) Pinaud Clubman shave soap
3) Proraso Green
4) Stirling Blu
5) Pre de Provence #63
6) Tabac Original (extra credit?)

1. PAA Ck6 the beach
2. Southern witchcrafts arcane abyss or gravefruit II
3. B&M fougere angelique
4. Caties bubbles Bluegere
5. CRSW limenthol (unfortunately soap is discontinued & vendor might be too or hiatus?)
Have you tried SW Labyrinth? Really good scent that is much better than the description would lead you to believe. Pomona as well if you like apple.

1) Nivea Men Protect & Care (tube)
2) Pinaud Clubman shave soap
3) Proraso Green
4) Stirling Blu
5) Pre de Provence #63
6) Tabac Original (extra credit?)
For a soap I think you would like Long Rifle and for a cream Italian Palmolive Renfrincante.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
For a soap I think you would like Long Rifle and for a cream Italian Palmolive Renfrincante.
Sir, please allow a correction: the above word highlighted in bold is Rinfrescante (= Refreshing).

Just so that you type it properly next time. And please feel free to correct me whenever I make a mistake myself in English!

Top Bottom