What's new

Post Your Favorite TV Series!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Wow, if we are using Gunsmoke until today as a time frame I could easily name dozens of shows! It would be impossible to pick an all-time favorite and my favorites change from season to season so I'll go with my most recent. My latest binge-watch was Killing Eve. The acting by principal actors Sandra Oh and Jodie Comer is excellent. They have a good chemistry. Comer really embraces her role as a psychopath and her portrayal runs from funny to scary and chilling. One particularly affecting scene for me was when one of the characters in the show had no reason to feel unsafe until Comer's character turns, looks at them and then smiles. It was the look of a pure predator. Just from the look on her face, you can see the character's sudden fear when they realize that they are about to become a victim and it happens in such a seemingly unlikely place. In some places the show isn't as tight as it probably could be but it's a pretty minor quibble. I enjoyed the show a lot and look forward to seeing where they take it in the next season.

proxy.php
Just watched the first two episodes of Killing Eve Season 2 and was not disappointed. Just started back here in Australia and I am glad that it did finally start back. LOTH enjoyed it as well.

The Fix on ABC Monday nights is a hoot. Show produced (and sometimes written) by Marcia Clark. Yes, that Marcia Clark. She is relitigating the OJ trial, which is just plain weird. Tortured relationships abound. Bliss.

New favourite is What We Do In The Shadows, currently up to episode 2 on BBC iPlayer. It's based on, and some episodes have been written by the same writers, the film of the same name. If you haven't seen either, and have a darkish sense of humour, I think it's hugely funny, a mockumentary following a group of vampires in their daily (nightly?) lives.

Seems there are more commercials than shows, hard to sit through all of them. Then the writing and acting are subpar on most shows I've tried watching. I spend more time watching YouTube, Great Courses, and some Netflix, mostly how-to or semi-educational stuff.

Here we go, in no particular order:

Reno 911
Rome
Curb Your Enthusiasm
Veep
Boardwalk Empire
The Wire
Breaking Bad
Deadwood
Peaky Blinders
Game of Thrones
Peaky Blinders
The Knick (best medical-themed drama of all time)
Narcos

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yellowstone
Blacklist
NCIS
....and the all time #1

24. Jack Bauer and crew save the world!

Yellowstone is really good, especially season 2. Kelly Reilly, Beth, is amazing. Whoever cast her for that part got it right.

I never have watched 24. I'll get around to it one day.

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Gunsmoke- Amanda blake(kitty) James Arness (Marshal)Ken Curtis (Festus)Milburn Stone (Doc)
Get smart- cone of silence makes me laugh to this day. Don Adams and Barbara Feldon and others
Have gun will travel-Richard Boone as Paladin professional gun fighter
Rifle man- Chuck Conners as Lucas McCain + Johny Crawford as Mark McCain
24 hrs - Kiefer Sutherland as ruthless good guy USA agent with interesting changing cast members who usually die....
Designated Survivor- Kiefer sutherland as New President of USA (Oh my..... the BS changes like a tide of a ocean and he has to navigate to survive)

Top Bottom