What's new

Post Your Favorite TV Series!

Best tv series ever.

proxy.php

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I remember watching that with my father. Along with...

Yes, Hawaii Five 0 (Jack Lord) as the chief, I had a friend who went to Hawaii and asked for a Autograph from Jack who were filming near by were she was staying from what I recall and his attitude was different than on the set she claimed and would not sign any Autographs that day and most of the Hawaii crew signed a lot. The joy of being a star. I always liked DanO in his role.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
Yes, Hawaii Five 0 (Jack Lord) as the chief, I had a friend who went to Hawaii and asked for a Autograph from Jack who were filming near by were she was staying from what I recall and his attitude was different than on the set she claimed and would not sign any Autographs that day and most of the Hawaii crew signed a lot. The joy of being a star. I always liked DanO in his role.

I'm sure it must get tiring but dealing with the public is part of the job.

A few more from the same era that I use to watch.

Adam-12_title_card.jpg hill_street_blues.jpg hqdefault.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

Petticoat-Junction

I wasnt very old but I remember watching that too. I once knew a Billie Jo.

As anyone will guess from my avatar, my favorite has always been The Man From U.N.C.L.E. The show had visual style and dash, action, suspense, glamour, two iconic lead characters, and humor (sometimes overdone, esp. in the year when they were aping the campy Adam West Batman series). It left the air when I was in junior high and stayed gone, except for the three movies made from episodes that would turn up on the Late Show, until 1985. That year the Christian Broadcasting Network began running it.

I was worried. Usually what you like at age 11-14 you probably hate at 32. But . . . the good episodes were still good; the campy ones were actually funny in places. And Vaughn as Napoleon Solo and McCallum as Illya Kuryakin were still heroes.

Solo: "Anything new?"
Illya: "Not much. A revolution in the Orient; a multi-million-dollar train robbery in England; five kidnapped scientists; and a plan to melt the polar icecap."
Solo: "Good. I think I'll take the afternoon off."

(Encapsulating the entire spirit of the show in just three lines)

Top Bottom