What's new

Post your favorite soap/cream/croap & aftershave/balm combination

Williams/Dove mix: 1 puck Williams Mug Soap grated or shaved, 1/2 bar Dove bath soap (Shea Butter, Tangerine or Cucumber) grated or shaved, Mix Williams and Dove well and press into your favorite Ceramic Bowl keeping fingers wet as you press. Makes a fantastic slick, thick, hydrating lather.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
My personal favorite...at this time...is:
WSP Blackbeard soap followed up with (drum roll please) Bootlegger's Bay Rum splash!

Caties Raspberry Jells or Whack & Unwrap with Noble Otter Monarch (Monarch is also great with Strop Shoppe Midnight in the Garden).
Trumpers Violet with B&M Tuesday
Shaver Heaven Meyer Lemon / Black Ship's Thomas Tew
Asylum Royale Fougere / B&M Fougere Classique
As a set Wickham's Club Cola (both are still available)

• Stirling Barbershop soap & Clubman Pinaud AS
  • Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather cream & Stetson Cooling Menthol
  • Proraso Red croap & Duke Cannon Ice Cold
  • Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme soap & Afta balm
  • Arko stick & Aqua Velva Ice Blue

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
  • Stirling Barbershop soap & Clubman Pinaud AS
  • Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather cream & Stetson Cooling Menthol
  • Proraso Red croap & Duke Cannon Ice Cold
  • Pre de Provence Bergamot & Thyme soap & Afta balm
  • Arko stick & Aqua Velva Ice Blue

I used to love pairing up vintage Williams Mug soap with Classic Ice Blue Aqua Velva, but I ran out of Williams. Arko's cheap price, great lather and old timey, fresh laundry scent is a great replacement soap to go along with Aqua Velva. it goes well with Mennen Skin Bracer also.

Lately I’ve been liking Proraso green pre shave, Nor’easter soap, and skin bracer splash. I finish off pretty much everything with Nivea sensitive balm, no matter what other scents are involved.
Any other suggestions for pairing with Nor’easter soap? I really did NOT like the Nor’easter aftershave.

I'm an everyday shaver and to be honest I'm still looking for that perfect combination...or maybe I just like buying new soaps and splashes! I don't know that I have a favorite combo, but as ho hum as it seems, every time I use the Proaso Green set (pre-shave, soap and balm) I seem to have "the best shave ever!". There's something about that old school combo that just works!
I try all different combinations, love a bunch of soaps, love a bunch of splashes, and have several balms...but the Proaso Green set is just hard to beat! Though I'm still looking ;)

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Stirling Naked and Smooth shave soap with Fine Accoutrements Snake Bite Aftershave and Stirling Unscented With Menthol Witch Hazel & Aloe.

Top Bottom