What's new

Post your family heirloom

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Captain:
For me, it's my 1936 Longines 14K Pocket Watch (engraved with my full name, birth date and the quote..."A Wrist Watch merely tells Time...a Pocket Watch tells a Story." ). ...which I use just about everyday! :thumbsup:

Besides keeping excellent time, my watch has great sentimental value (many, many years ago when I joined the Service, my Father had passed this watch, chain, fob, charms and pocket knife on to me [which I will pass on to my oldest son]), to include satisfying my interest and link with the past (the 'good old day's, antiques, vintage ect...), and tradition.

Attached Image - My watch attached to a long 14K chain w/ a 14K small engraved (CBJ), pocket knife (to cut my cigars). The chain has four (4) Catholic Charms (plus a horse shoe for good luck), attached and has a 'Mustard Seed' as the watch fob.

full

proxy.php
"[A pocket watch tells a story which is akin to the past and future]...which everyone reaches at a rate of 60 minutes an hour". Unknown Author

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Captain:
For me, it's my 1936 Longines 14K Pocket Watch (engraved with my full name, birth date and the quote..."A Wrist Watch merely tells Time...a Pocket Watch tells a Story." ). ...which I use just about everyday! :thumbsup:

Besides keeping excellent time, my watch has great sentimental value (many, many years ago when I joined the Service, my Father had passed this watch, chain, fob, charms and pocket knife on to me [which I will pass on to my oldest son]), to include satisfying my interest and link with the past (the 'good old day's, antiques, vintage ect...), and tradition.

Attached Image - My watch attached to a long 14K chain w/ a 14K small engraved (CBJ), pocket knife (to cut my cigars). The chain has four (4) Catholic Charms (plus a horse shoe for good luck), attached and has a 'Mustard Seed' as the watch fob.

full

proxy.php
"[A pocket watch tells a story which is akin to the past and future]...which everyone reaches at a rate of 60 minutes an hour". Unknown Author
Absolutely priceless.

Top Bottom