What's new

Post your DIY razor/brush stand or shelf

I was looking for a seven day stand - this is what I came up with

7DayStand.jpg

The fact that your wife is debating you on which colour your razor stand should be is mightily big net positive in my book!
We have him and her basins so there was no debate on the stand at all.

I'm colour-blind so when it comes to decisions of colour, I stay far away. When I made the stand, I asked her to pick something bright but she couldn't decide.

The soap dish is a ceramic custard cup from Bed, Bath & Beyond (about $3). I bent 3/16 inch steel rod around a pipe of the appropriate diameter to fit the base of the soap dish. I bent two “U”-shaped pieces of 1/8 inch rod to hold the razor and the brush. All pieces of rod are welded with a MIG welder. I sprayed the stand with clear lacquer to hinder rusting. I also cut bands of plastic tubing to raise the metal off of the counter and keep it from making contact with water that might be on the counter. To keep the brush above the soap I liquify the soap temporarily with about 15+ seconds in the microwave. Then I pour only what I need to fill the dish about half full. I save the rest of the soap to refill later. The brush is a $15 Rockwell synthetic. The razor is one I made from mild steel and tweaked to the level of aggression vs. mildness I like. The handle is 3/8 inch steel rod drilled out to reduce weight. Not only has this razor been lacquered, but I also smear it lightly with petroleum jelly when I change the blade, and I open it a little to make it easier for water to dry out after I am done shaving. It is not fancy, but very functional.DD1246A3-9E6B-445B-91BB-31D5490FC753.jpeg

The soap dish is a ceramic custard cup from Bed, Bath & Beyond (about $3). I bent 3/16 inch steel rod around a pipe of the appropriate diameter to fit the base of the soap dish. I bent two “U”-shaped pieces of 1/8 inch rod to hold the razor and the brush. All pieces of rod are welded with a MIG welder. I sprayed the stand with clear lacquer to hinder rusting. I also cut bands of plastic tubing to raise the metal off of the counter and keep it from making contact with water that might be on the counter. To keep the brush above the soap I liquify the soap temporarily with about 15+ seconds in the microwave. Then I pour only what I need to fill the dish about half full. I save the rest of the soap to refill later. The brush is a $15 Rockwell synthetic. The razor is one I made from mild steel and tweaked to the level of aggression vs. mildness I like. The handle is 3/8 inch steel rod drilled out to reduce weight. Not only has this razor been lacquered, but I also smear it lightly with petroleum jelly when I change the blade, and I open it a little to make it easier for water to dry out after I am done shaving. It is not fancy, but very functional.View attachment 1034387

Wow! Great work.

Top Bottom