What's new

Post your cold weather shaving tactics....

Granted I live in SoCal where it's still pretty warm compared to a lot of places but today it was in the 50s this morning. To us, that feels like the 30s for some of you! It had me wondering what you lads do differently in the colder climates to get the perfect wet shave.

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks. :biggrin:

I don't do a bloody thing differently. Well, except shiver a little more. And use sandlewood soap a little more often.

-Mo

I don't do a bloody thing differently. Well, except shiver a little more. And use sandlewood soap a little more often.

-Mo

Especially after stepping out of a hot shower and back into a cool bathroom! Yeah, shiver a bit while shaving definetely occurs.

Granted I live in SoCal where it's still pretty warm compared to a lot of places but today it was in the 50s this morning. To us, that feels like the 30s for some of you! It had me wondering what you lads do differently in the colder climates to get the perfect wet shave.

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks. :biggrin:

Try this :thumbup1:

i've moved away from my soaps and to my creams that i find to be more moisturizing. thank goodness the sink isn't outside in a different room, but is attached so the steam continues to keep things warm during the shave.
i also use an olive oil soap that retains more moisture for my face. those two things have helped with dryness. the cold... um, double layers is the only thing i can come up with.

You just have to turn the heating on :tongue_sm

The heat wouldn't matter much in my apartment. To save on materials, when they built my apartment building, they only ran Heating/AC ducts to the living room and bedroom. The kitchen and bathroom are on the opposite side the apartment with no vents. The heat/AC doesn't really reach either room very well.

The heat wouldn't matter much in my apartment. To save on materials, when they built my apartment building, they only ran Heating/AC ducts to the living room and bedroom. The kitchen and bathroom are on the opposite side the apartment with no vents. The heat/AC doesn't really reach either room very well.

I have something similar here so I bought a halogen heater and I always place it in the bathroom (but I DO make sure it is safely away from any water!!!)

I'm in Central New York and a little extreme when it comes to saving money on heat, so my apartment is really cold in the mornings. I shut the door to the bathroom and let the steam from the shower heat things up; then leave the door closed when shaving. That keeps things warm enough for me and I don't have to crank the heat before I leave for work.

Mirror fogging can be an issue, haven't got that figured out yet...

A small fan can make a big difference there. A ceiling fan would be better if you are willing to install one.

Top Bottom