What's new

Post your challenge rejects here.

Thanks Stephen! That's actually a different car. I believe it's a 1960 Chevy station wagon, the one I entered in the contest was a Chrysler Imperial Crown, around '63 I think. You could probably spend a week or two. There are another dozen or maybe a few more than that a lot like it, just as and just as rough some even more so. A local car dealer has recently brought them to one of his back lots. Not sure where they are coming from, but seems more like a field or woods than a barn. I may go back and try to get some more shots if I get some time on a decent day, only had about 15 min to spare when I got these shots. Here's a shot of another one mid '50s Ford wagon.
P1030975(2).jpg

Rejects from the July 2018 "Beauty" challenge:

Attachments

• Snips3.jpg
    Snips3.jpg
    1,018 KB · Views: 17
  • Snips6.jpg
    Snips6.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • Web2.jpg
    Web2.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 17
I was looking for subjects for the July challenge. I like this backlit thistle, but there were too many botanicals in the thread, so I went another direction.

proxy.php

My intitial thought to the candy challenge was to go black and white, but i second guessed myself and went with a color shot. this was the first gut choice.
Taffy (7 of 7).jpg

My intitial thought to the candy challenge was to go black and white, but i second guessed myself and went with a color shot. this was the first gut choice.
View attachment 920525
I normally like color better than black and white, but I like the black and white better this time. I think I would have liked the color better if the taffy was a brighter and more colorful than the background, instead of the other way around. The b and w works great for the vintage machine and and lets my imagination pick the color of the candy.

Here's an alternate for the candy challenge. I like the stained glass effect on the Haribo Gummi Bears.
View attachment 921052
Cool shot! I thought of doing something close to it using jolly rancher candies.

P1060757(rs).JPG

Here's my reject for the month. It's simply the motion blur of my daughter stealing the candy while I was trying to get my shot.

I normally like color better than black and white, but I like the black and white better this time. I think I would have liked the color better if the taffy was a brighter and more colorful than the background, instead of the other way around. The b and w works great for the vintage machine and and lets my imagination pick the color of the candy.

Cool shot! I thought of doing something close to it using jolly rancher candies.

Should have gone with my gut.. it would have been much more interesting if they had been working chocolate or a colored candy for sure.

Here are a couple other shots I considered entering. We had a lot of freezing rain last night that eventually turned to snow. I had to work during most of the good photo time. By the time I got home it was melting fast and getting dark, but I was able to get a few shots.
P1070187(r1rs).jpg
P1070200(r1rs).jpg

Here are my rejects for the Nov 2018 challenge. It was a busy month!

First, the color version of my entry.
D85_5513.jpeg

Next a Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep.
D85_4941.jpeg

And finally, a white rose diffused with pink gauze wrapped around the lens.
D85_5970.jpeg

A few alternate shots of my entry this month.
P1070582(r1).jpg
P1070562.JPG

And this one was reflected in Harley a Chrome Rhino made of Harley Davidson exhaust pipes.
P1070383.JPG

For a full pic of Harley check here. Photo of the Day

Prolific, though art, Ninja! Love the modernized penny farthing. If my eyes do not betray me, it appears to have a handbrake this century?

Top Bottom