What's new

Post Your Catch

It has been a good season so far catching plenty of healthily catfish for the end of summer fish fry. I'm using shrimp and a pickerel rig.

What are you folks using for bait fishing?

$photo(5).jpg
My daughter and I spent yesterday out fishing together. This was the only fish we pulled in. She caught a couple trees, a ton of sea weed and her own finger. I've never had to cuddle a fishing buddy before! The fish is small, but we weren't planning on keeping anything that we caught so it didn't matter. Great day overall, I'm looking forward to many more with her.

Went up to Mass. a few weeks ago with the wife to visit our friend. House was right on a lake. Caught my biggest bass so far 5+ pounds. First time the wife and I had a double, I had a bass and she caught a pike. Caught sunfish, crappie, perch, pike and bass. It was definitely the best "not a fishing trip" I've ever had.
$IMG_1444.jpg$IMG_1445.jpg

was out at the causeway yesterday throwing some Gulp into the water. No bites...but a manatee did come up 5' away from me. They're so ugly they're cute.

and a girl jogging on the causeway above me smiled at me. Twice. So apparently i'm the catch

was out at the causeway yesterday throwing some Gulp into the water. No bites...but a manatee did come up 5' away from me. They're so ugly they're cute.

and a girl jogging on the causeway above me smiled at me. Twice. So apparently i'm the catch

Since I am in AZ right now I am not in the Gulf or Bays. However, my BIL caught two nice flounder on Gulp on Monday. He was fishing in Boca Ciega Bay.

Well, my 25+ year sabbatical from fly fishing ended with a bang today. 12 rainbows and 2 Brookies later I'm reliving my youth. Here's a representative specimen. All on a 3 wt. fiberglass rod. All taken on dries. Saw a moose, fox, and kingfisher. Five star day.

$image.jpg

$uploadfromtaptalk1406233890041.jpg
$uploadfromtaptalk1406233929784.jpg

My son is in town from Texas, so we decided to hit the flats in the kayak. First photo is me with a 20" Redfish. Second photo is him with a Jack. Caught some other 'trash' fish. Overall a beautiful day on the water!

Top Bottom