What's new

Post Your Catch

Two brownies and a nice largemouth bass! In the first heat wave of the year for us. Still fun though!
0806201906.jpg
0806201906.jpg
0804201820.jpg
0804201952.jpg

They are getting crazy good at it! But thd price can be just as crazy! Lol! The swim on some of these is insane, so life like. Not all but the best ones do.

Just returned from a fishing trip to upper MN. Our annual Canada fishing trip was called off since the border was closed. We fished at Lake Winni. It was a lot different than fishing in Canada. We had to troll instead of just jigging for walleyes and northern pike.

We got our limit of perch: 40 each. I must say the perch there were quite large and tasty.

Perch.jpg

We caught quite a few walleyes and pike - but most were in the slot limit and we released them.

North cr.jpg

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just returned from a fishing trip to upper MN. Our annual Canada fishing trip was called off since the border was closed. We fished at Lake Winni. It was a lot different than fishing in Canada. We had to troll instead of just jigging for walleyes and northern pike.

We got our limit of perch: 40 each. I must say the perch there were quite large and tasty.

View attachment 1145574

We caught quite a few walleyes and pike - but most were in the slot limit and we released them.

View attachment 1145579
Oh my! I miss perch fishing in Saginaw Bay! Just a DELICIOUS fish!

Nice. That's an interesting rig. If I tried a bait caster with that light weight it would be nothing but a bird's nest.

Thanks! If your a fan of ultralight fishing and baitcasters it is a super fun way to fish. The reels can get up there in price. They are pretty amazing. Super fast bearings and very light spools to be able to cast super light stuff. It can definitely be a challenge to cast sometimes depending on the amout of cover and the wind. I have a couple that can cast a tiny trout magnet jig 😂. That is a bit on the extreme side but for this kind of finesse bass stuff it is awesome and tons of fun.

It is hot right now in my area and now i'm only catching 2-3 pounders. I was getting a five on every trip but then we got our first heatwave and just like that, they were gone. Last three trips can't get past three.
I can't wait for it to cool down and target a real giant. I know where they live I just need to time them and make a good presentation. I really want a ten pounder or teener! Got a nine couple months ago, so a ten would be like icing on the cake.
0901201850.jpg
0901201912.jpg
0114201626.jpg
I don't target trout but I hooked up with a nice five pound one. Beautiful fish!

It is hot right now in my area and now i'm only catching 2-3 pounders. I was getting a five on every trip but then we got our first heatwave and just like that, they were gone. Last three trips can't get past three.
I can't wait for it to cool down and target a real giant. I know where they live I just need to time them and make a good presentation. I really want a ten pounder or teener! Got a nine couple months ago, so a ten would be like icing on the cake.View attachment 1152013View attachment 1152014View attachment 1152015 I don't target trout but I hooked up with a nice five pound one. Beautiful fish!

Very nice. What plug were you using?

Top Bottom