What's new

Post Your Catch

8" 316 line thru did the work today!
0419201926b.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
I had meet my future wife and she talked me into going to Mexico for a wedding and to meet her family. Well I was 21yrs old (1980) and why not, we rented a Volkswagon beatle and roamed all over Mexico and first destination was Acapulco Mexico because of movies showing cliff diving. Was naive of the sun and got burnt laying on the beach, this guy is working tourists with a book of pictures and we are on cheap hotel side of the beach. He asks if I'm interested in fishing and of course I am, he gives me a deal for $25 US and shows up the next morning in this old worn out jeep and I'm thinking to myself "wonder if the boat is the same", we pick up some more American tourists(Some of the nicest people I have meet) & one fellow slept in. When we got to the harbor and saw the boat I was impressed with the craft and off we were miles out from shore trolling around and all 3 of us caught one that morning and at one time we had 2 on line at he same times and captain let one go(don't sleep in when fishing is more important). Well I did not have much money and did not get it stuffed and the fish were brought to market for local consumption. Best deal I ever got fishing in my life and still have fond memories of that day.(just lucky)

The Sailfish was 156lbs and took about 1/2 to 3/4 of a hour to bring in from what I recall.(1980) catch of the day!
Acapulco Mexico 1980 156lb Sailfish. (2).jpg
Alcapulco Mexico 1980 -156lb sailfish.2 (2).jpg

Kind of Young looking in these photo's.:yikes:

Looked over this thread again to reminisce. Our annual fishing trip to Canada was canceled due to the closing of the border. However, we just made reservations to fish in MN. Our trip will be in August.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Hexagenia hatch= darkness and chaos. A lot of thrashing and confusion. I also ate some bugs and coughed and sputtered. I will get to bed after midnight, happy and satisfied.
fullsizeoutput_4dc.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4db.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_4dd.jpeg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hexagenia hatch= darkness and chaos. A lot of thrashing and confusion. I also ate some bugs and coughed and sputtered. I will get to bed after midnight, happy and satisfied.
You should see them little rascals thrash and flip flop when you go ice fishing, they feel a lot of discomfort on solid ice and they are very flippant for about 20 seconds. Very nice size brown speckled trouts.

Top Bottom