What's new

Post Your Catch

A couple from yesterday. Got to test a couple bass flies I've been neglecting haha.

20190705_132728.jpg

20190705_173300.jpg

20190705_173405.jpg

Wet some shrimp and a lure and a spoon at Delnor-Wiggins Pass State Park in Naples, FL, yesterday morning on a fast incoming. Only a couple of thieveries of the shrimp before I went to the lure and spoon, and nothing. First time out in years with a light spinning setup. Not much was caught...couple mangrove snappers and catfish. Thinking last year's blue green algae and red tide outbreak really hurt the fishing in these parts. Thankfully, the water looks good this summer.

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
fullsizeoutput_481.jpeg
Lake run brown today, first of the season, I was not expecting it- I was after brookies. It was pretty solid battle, it made several runs downstream when it saw the net.

Thanks. A little perspective on the fishing/hiking. Took 4 hours of hiking remote. First lake is where I started with a sheep heard and a guy working his sheep dogs. Then 2 hours after hiking to the remote side of the island to the lowest lying corry lake in Ireland right next to the ocean and beach. Nothing over there for as far as one can see in all directions. I really enjoyed that.

Corrysheep.jpeg
Corryocean.jpeg
Corrylow.jpeg

Went down to the city pier from about 11 pm - 1 am last night. The snook were popping! I haven't been out to hear that in years. Near full moon with an outgoing tide. All I could bring up was a small mangrove snapper. One of the two others out last night brought up a healthy snook. A small snook broke me off at the pier. Really nice night to be out with calm conditions and the snook alive. Makes me feel a bit better about the health of the Caloosahatchee.
C9E19D8E-878B-4368-BAB6-2D3B40D24A36.jpeg 174898E3-A410-42E2-B38F-B275F72AD43F.jpeg

Went down to the city pier from about 11 pm - 1 am last night. The snook were popping! I haven't been out to hear that in years. Near full moon with an outgoing tide. All I could bring up was a small mangrove snapper. One of the two others out last night brought up a healthy snook. A small snook broke me off at the pier. Really nice night to be out with calm conditions and the snook alive. Makes me feel a bit better about the health of the Caloosahatchee.
View attachment 1008846 View attachment 1008847

Does FL still have the one snook a day between 28 to 32 inch slot limit?

Due to the fish kill last summer and red tide this year, you may not keep snook from north of Tampa Bay south to Naples. That snook pictured above was released. This is from the FWC site:

"Snook are catch-and-release only from the Pasco/Hernando county line south through Gordon Pass in Collier County, including all waters in Hillsborough County through Aug. 31, 2020, as a proactive measure due to impacts of red tide in this area. FWC will revisit this closure in early 2020 to determine if snook may be reopened to harvest earlier.

Similar measures are in place for red drum and spotted seatrout."

Outside of that zone, the limit is one 28-33".

snook

Due to the fish kill last summer and red tide this year, you may not keep snook from north of Tampa Bay south to Naples. That snook pictured above was released. This is from the FWC site:

"Snook are catch-and-release only from the Pasco/Hernando county line south through Gordon Pass in Collier County, including all waters in Hillsborough County through Aug. 31, 2020, as a proactive measure due to impacts of red tide in this area. FWC will revisit this closure in early 2020 to determine if snook may be reopened to harvest earlier.

Similar measures are in place for red drum and spotted seatrout."

Outside of that zone, the limit is one 28-33".

snook

When I lived in FL (Pinellas County), we had the same restrictions. Plus, we had severe restrictions on Redfish. It used to bug me that In FL we had a one-fish limit with a slot in certain areas while in LA they had a generous limit with a bigger slot.

Top Bottom