What's new

Post Your Catch

EB Newfarm

Cane? I'm Able!
Skunked today. Had ice on the guides, and frozen feet 10 mn after I started. Inauspicious start to the 2019 season.

I was checking out the backpack style last night. Got this one in my cart that I will likely pull the trigger on soon. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074P44J57/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A1RIL4ISDY2EWZ&psc=1

I’ve always used the big ole tackle box. The things weights like 40lbs now. No way I want to haul that to/from the fishing grounds. Decided to go with a small Plano bag and just take the essentials.
Let us know how you like the tackle bag! Like I said for me it was a very nice change!

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
OhYouPoorSoul.

Part of my pond. 62F here today and a cool front moved in a couple of days ago and dropped the temps. by about 15-18F. Supposed to get back to 78-81F by Thursday.

March 31, 2019.

I need to mow again.

View attachment 968309

Yep, poor me. Its such a rough life haha.

The first Coho and Rainbow of the year were caught in the larger Maitland River north of where we go last Sunday so we should be in good shape for the coming weekend. All the way up to 61F for Sunday, or so 'they' say. "They" however rarely speak the truth lol.

We wont be needing the lawnmower for another 6 weeks or so here.

Great lakes Steelhead, caught on a swung fly
Mar27:Maity.jpeg

Well gentlemen, I have taken a few weeks away from the water due to some unfortunate circumstances (work, family, etc.) Finally about to get back out on the water tomorrow. It's gonna be a great time to get out there, clear my head, and enjoy some fishing! I'll keep you folks updated on any catches. This is one of my favorite threads on B&B

IMG950199.jpg
IMG950197.jpg
Good day of fishing today gentlemen! Caught a few interesting ones. I caught another cornetfish. Turns out they camoflage themselves against predators when they feel threatened. 4 of us went today and we hauled in over 20 today.

The only thing I miss about leaving the North: trout fishing in brook, rivers, and streams.
I'm pretty lucky. I live in one of three counties in South Carolina that naturally hold trout. The fishing isn't as good as some places but I can't complain.

Esox

I didnt know
Staff member
We never did catch or see caught, even one Rainbow or Coho salmon this year. One river we fished a lot from 1989 to 2008 was I think my last year finishing there, as of the Saturday before opening day this year with the river at its highest level of the spring, they had lifted 500 fish through the fish ladder at the dam.

From 1990 to maybe 2002 we use to help the fishing club there lift, count and record weight, girth and length and check for fin clips on all fish lifted. All stocked fish had the adipose fin clipped. During that time, the annual Rainbow run was between 7500 and 10,000 fish. We took one trip with them to stock a tributary 15 miles upriver from the mouth at Lake Huron where they fed 7500 fingerlings a year into a small creek. They use to do that every year, but that stopped about 10 years ago.

Top Bottom