What's new

Post your Butterscotch Eye Candy Here!

Looks like a Special

A beautiful brush.

Thanks Nemo .... indeed it does.

I has mistakenly thought the Special was a new model, not old enough to have turned butterscotch (not that I know how long that takes). Also the modern Specials all have Special etched into the handle right above the badger hair type, and this one has no such mark. I guess the model name wasn't etched in back then? I'll have to search the B&B brush forum.

Just picked up this vintage Opal B395 NOS

$IMG_0530.jpg

the handle is great and in perfect condition. brush came in the original box via an estate find. the knot seems a little thin for my liking after a break in shave today but I will give it a good run over the next week.

thanks for the welcome, long time lurker looking forward to future contributions to the community.

Welcome to the B&B!

that is a nice handle, how do you liike the knot? Vintage knots are hit and miss I find.

-jim

This Simpsons MF5 for Marshall Fields & Co. arrived earlier today. The Duke 3 and vintage 57 are there for size comparisons.
$16231875761_fe6597c993_z.jpg
$16047627399_354efd9c8d_z.jpg
I'm thinking this one might need a reknot. It lathered fine in a quick test lather, but it seems to be shedding a bit. The original knot is Best.

Simpsons "D1" ... BUT it's not a "Duke." Boar bristles. Well, they were boar until I plucked 'em out over the weekend.

Share your opinions as to whether I should reknot with more boar (moar bore, boar no more?) or badger.

IMG_0522 by on Flickr

Top Bottom