What's new

Post your Butterscotch Eye Candy Here!

I've got this headed my way:
https://www.etsy.com/transaction/1016762391

Probably destin for a new knot wen I get it. If anyone has any idea about make/model I'd love to hear it.

Matt

Nice one Matt, that was on my favorites list at etsy. I am pretty sure that is a German brush but I don't know which manufacturer. I have had a similar brush and fortunately the knot and metal ring popped right out by just pulling forcefully which made for an easy restoration. I look forward to seeing the final product once you have had a chance to work your magic.

Thanks for the info Dave. I've worked backwards in this thread from page 71 to page 11 and only found one brush that looked the same as far as the handle design but there wasn't any info with it. I really liked the squared off handle look it's different for sure.

Unfortunately I don't have any magic. Planned on sending it out for work. Haven't decided it I'm going with Silver tip like my other brush or maybe black badger for a unique look.

Matt

Century , 18 mm knot, pure badger. I'm not sure if it is original to the set.

$Shave tree 002.jpg$Shave Soap 004.jpg

Century , 18 mm knot, pure badger. I'm not sure if it is original to the set.

That's a good question. The brush obviously saw a lot of use but if it was used and placed in the metal holder frequently wouldn't the handle have lots of scratches on it? It doesn't appear to in the pic.

At any rate it's a very nice translucent handle and very worthy of a new knot.

There were some light scratches that buffed out with toothpaste and a rag. There are some scuff marks on the base. Also the edges of the arm are not sharp and they spread easily. The few pictures of similar mirrors that I've found, were from the early 1900's and showed wooden or metal brushes. I haven't found much info on Century brushes.
It is now my favorite brush. I mostly face lather and I really like the small size.

Left to Right:
(1) Gimbels 1000
(2) Stag B757, reknotted with a TGN Black Badger (you have to love the color combination!)
(3) Stag B4565
(4) Kent V10
(5) Rooney from Abraham & Straus
(6) Rubberset R49, waiting for a knot

$Butterscotch Collection_DSCF1018.jpg

Last edited:
Here are three I recently found in two antique stores.
Ever-Ready 500PB Pure Badger
Simpson Case #2 Best Badger
Rooney with unknown badger

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427549546.166720.jpg

newly arrived today ... Simpson AS3M in best badger ... alongside a TSN M6 and Duke 3 for size comparison.
$IMG_0850.jpg
$IMG_0852.jpg

Last edited:
Help me to identify this Simpson brush, please
I inherited this brush. Here's a full side shot:

... and here's a close-up of the markings on the side:

It looks like the previous owner took a pair of scissors to the tips at some point -- what a mess! I would like to get it re-knotted IF it's worth it.
To help identify the brush, I measured the handle and knot. The bristles have been cut by the previous owner, so we don't know how long they originally were.
Height of handle = 51 mm
Width of knot at handle= 18 mm

Would you all please help identify the model, what the original knot would have been, and express an opinion on whether it seems worth the cost to have it done?
Also, are there any B&B members that do re-knotting that you'd recommend?

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom