What's new

Post what nagging injury you have, but still exercise/workout with it.

I’m 34 and a bit of a wreck! I have worn out the cartilage behind both knee caps, apparently caused by the pressure created when riding fast in short stirrups cross country! I have a right shoulder that I dislocated about 15 years ago falling off a van roof (long story!) that likes to pop out, it came out last week throwing a ball for the dog
Add to that various broken ribs and fingers from horses and rugby, I’m not a prime specimen.

All that said, I find that working out is a great help, as it stops me from stiffening up, I wear knee supports to run and work out, and also for jump riding now. They seem to help. I also take the occasional Pilates class for suppleness, and find a good sports massage useful!

As I say most of my wear and tear stems from this!
Riding and jumping are super cool!
My only riding experience is cutting cattle in Nebraska.
Keep on Keeping on my friend!

Now, it is my Achilles. I think I have a slight tear as I have a bump above my heel. It is rather painful at times. I am trying to find time to get it looked at.

For me, it's my right knee. Climbing the stairs can be painful. I still do squats - just don't go down very far.

Torn rotator cuff. Sometimes, I have to scale back my workouts. Then some days it doesnt hurt as much.Then I put the petal to the metal.

I've got it all from years of powerlifting. Partially torn rotator cuff in my right shoulder but certain warm-ups take care of it. Most aggravating of all has been my flexor carpi radialis in my left forearm! It makes literally everything a huge pain. The only thing that has ever worked has been rest, but that's not exactly possible.

2 knee replacements, 2013 on the first 1, 2014 on the 2nd. Now, torn rotator cuff. The Drs. keep patching me
up and I keep going. Thank the Good Lord for modern medicine! 65 years young and just staying after it as long as I can.

Top Bottom