What's new

Post the brush(es) on its way to your den.

I have posted little, and probably be more of a browser. Maybe I am lucky, with an easy face to shave, et cetera, but I found I can get a great shave with any many-any combination. The backbone of the kit is

* Old (my father's) Gillette Butterfly Razor (2) with Feather Blades.

The soap and creams, I use
* Caslte Forbes, Lavender
* Trumper, Lime (will re-buy)
* Barrister and Mann, Reserve Lavender
* Wool Fat (will re-buy) (also use it to soften my beard)
* Harris, Lavender

All of the above are nice and effective, but I will likely shrink to 3, but will not add more until I need to replace one.

And for brushes,
* Vulfix Original - seen years of use.
* Thater 4125/5 - very large - only negative is that I probably consume more soap and cream that I need, but I have a lot anyway. I am have mixed thoughts on, is it too big, but the key point, it works well.

and new to the brush collection the posted Thater 4125/2. I wanted another brush to allow the brushes to dry between use. I like the idea of allowing 3 or 5 days between use. I have watercolour brushes that have lasted 50 years, with care, and I expect no less here.

Given my quarks, I will keep to prime numbers. If there are 3 soap, then 5 brushes.

Last, I maintain a goatee and mustache, and shave with 2 razors. To the question of how long between I replace my blades - when I feel the quality of the shave drops, which may take 1-2 weeks.

Last edited:
A653BDBF-948D-45B7-A18E-82892A5C28DD.jpeg
18CEBA63-DB3D-45D3-96F5-88A990F6FB3B.jpeg
2 on the way from Elite Razor, both stone. First is Arizona Jade with a HMW knot and 2nd is Azurite with a Manchurian knot. Bob makes awesome Stone handles.

View attachment 1007067 View attachment 1007068 2 on the way from Elite Razor, both stone. First is Arizona Jade with a HMW knot and 2nd is Azurite with a Manchurian knot. Bob makes awesome Stone handles.
View attachment 1007067 View attachment 1007068 2 on the way from Elite Razor, both stone. First is Arizona Jade with a HMW knot and 2nd is Azurite with a Manchurian knot. Bob makes awesome Stone handles.
Great grabs! Post pics when you get them. I’m interested to see those knots paired with those handles.

Last edited:
I bought a larimar from Elite Razor tonight but I did not take a screenshot so no pictures. I will post one when I get it. I got a 26mm hmw fan that he is going to set at 51mm for me.
Happy shaves
SMURF

Congrats Jason, Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy mine.

Thanks Mark I can't wait to get it. I hope the knot is super soft and luxurious. I am by no means a scrubby feel kind of guy.
Elite razor still has some others up for those who might be interested.
Happy shaves
Jason

Just came in today, custom handle by Turn N Shave with a Maggards 30mm SHD 2 band badger knot. This is my second handle by Turn N Shave, Milton does awesome work and us very patient in working with you to make sure you get what you are envisioning, highly recommended!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
proxy.php

Last edited:
Just came in today, custom handle by Turn N Shave with a Maggards 30mm SHD 2 band badger knot. This is my second handle by Turn N Shave, Milton does awesome work and us very patient in working with you to make sure you get what you are envisioning, highly recommended!
proxy.php
proxy.php
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
proxy.php
Wow, that's a beautiful brush. Congratulations. Hope it serves you well. [emoji846]

I have 3 new Rudy Vey custom brushes on the way and have the model shots from Rudy...

First up is the timeless & classic Persian Jar in Faux Ivory with a Shavemac 2 Band Finest Fan. Did I say timeless and classic? YES I did and she is that!
IMG_5044.JPG

Next up to add some color and height to my brush collection is a barber handle variant in marbled butterscotch with Shavemac 2 Band Silvertip Fan. Tall and sexy in a brush? You bet and I can't wait to see her covered in soap and soaking wet!
IMG_5030.JPG

Lastly is a Tulip handle in White Zebra with a TGN 2 Band Finest Bulb (RV tells me an older, better TGN knot). I have loved this material since the first time I laid eyes on it. A real beauty and THANKS RUDY!

IMG_5037.JPG

And I have to say that working with Rudy is a treat. I am a huge proponent of supporting small businesses and those who give back. I see Rudy all over the B&B forum not trying to sell his brushes, but giving input and being a valued member. The fact that he also offers great brushes is a bonus for all. Give him a shot next time you are looking for a custom brush.

Last edited:
@It’s Hedley beautiful brushes!
Thanks and back at you Mark with your Elite Razor scores. If I didn't have these in the works with Rudy, I would be all over the Azurite available on the Elite website right now and with the HMW knot, oh my. You really picked three winners. I had never heard of Elite, so this another benefit of this fine forum getting to know these great suppliers.

6ED496BA-4339-49EB-9FD1-EDEE3142E0A5.jpeg
Well my wife says I have BAD real bad and I proved her right by ordering the Damascus Steel Handle brush from Elite Razors today.

Top Bottom