What's new

Post a pic and tell us about your collection!

How did you spot my Azzaro PH in all that mess :biggrin1:

Can you also guess the size my Azzaro PH is then ?

I have an unhealthy interest in Azzaro. :biggrin1: Is that the 400 ml bottle or the 100ml? Hard to tell. I see it at the very back of the Zino aisle against the wall.

Now that's nearly as unhealthy of an interest as Nid's interest in Dunhill....

Well I just bought a bottle of "vintage" Dior Homme Sport (pre 2012 reformulation) at Dillards since these are no longer in production and I just had to have the old juice!

I have an unhealthy interest in Azzaro. :biggrin1: Is that the 400 ml bottle or the 100ml? Hard to tell. I see it at the very back of the Zino aisle against the wall.

Don't sell yourself short, Tim. You have lots of unhealthy interests, including your unhealthy obsession with Randy's bottle of Odori Tobacco!

Well I just bought a bottle of "vintage" Dior Homme Sport (pre 2012 reformulation) at Dillards since these are no longer in production and I just had to have the old juice!

As much as I like DH and DHI, I don't like DHS very much. Even such, my understanding is that the newest formulation of DHS is better than the "vintage", or at least that seems to be the consensus at basenotes.

I don't really like getting into the whole reformulation hysteria, but I am glad I have a bottle of vintage DH.

NO WAY! I've been searching for the name of the bottle on the top photo far left with the lion (?) head for weeks. For the life of me I can't remember the name although I know it's very common. I had it 10-15 years ago and loved it. Do tell please!!!!

Isn't the embossed lion head Lalique?...

$186a.JPG

Amazing - you're correct. It's the 200 ml EDT spray.
i also own the Onyx, but that is a pale version of it - more violet leaf and less anis and lavender :biggrin1:
I own 2 versions of the Zino 125 ml, the one with capital letters ZINO and the old 125 ml and slightly better one with all italic letters. Also own Guerlain Heritage, which is Zino's older brother - they have definite sharement of notes, but I like both equally well.

As much as I like DH and DHI, I don't like DHS very much. Even such, my understanding is that the newest formulation of DHS is better than the "vintage", or at least that seems to be the consensus at basenotes.

I don't really like getting into the whole reformulation hysteria, but I am glad I have a bottle of vintage DH.

Now that all my Creeds are gone ( had 8 of them - GIT, Aventus, Orange Spice (Kouros cousin), Silver Mo Water, Orig Santal, Himalaya, MI & Orig Vetiver ) I still have my Designer Dior's left to appreciate and I love both DHI, DH and DHS although they all 3 are quite different frags. I really find most Dior share a high quality level of notes and most of the newer stuff have good to great longevity on my skin (old Eau Sauvage from the 50's remains for 5-6 hours max on my skin)

I prefer the new DH and new formulated DHI - I know many frag heads have the exact opposite opinion. I find that the newer versions toned down the more feminine iris and makeup bag note.

I often mix DHI with either MiP EDP or Guerlain L'Instant Extreme - heavenly mix !

Now that all my Creeds are gone ( had 8 of them - GIT, Aventus, Orange Spice (Kouros cousin), Silver Mo Water, Orig Santal, Himalaya, MI & Orig Vetiver ) I still have my Designer Dior's left to appreciate and I love both DHI, DH and DHS although they all 3 are quite different frags. I really find most Dior share a high quality level of notes and most of the newer stuff have good to great longevity on my skin (old Eau Sauvage from the 50's remains for 5-6 hours max on my skin)

I prefer the new DH and new formulated DHI - I know many frag heads have the exact opposite opinion. I find that the newer versions toned down the more feminine iris and makeup bag note.

I often mix DHI with either MiP EDP or Guerlain L'Instant Extreme - heavenly mix !

Agree that Dior is the best house out there!
My order is DH > DHI > DHS

I prefer vintage DH - I like the smooth, elegant feel of it and enjoy the iris. Reformulated DH is also very good - but more of a gourmand (to me it's a mix of vintage DH + DHI).

I tried the LIDGE + DHI 1:1 layer this weekend and felt the LIDGE overpowered the DHI. I love them both. Two of the best designer frags around. I will try DHI + MIP EDP, as it sounds like an interesting combo! Which one of those layers do you prefer?

Agree that Dior is the best house out there!
My order is DH > DHI > DHS

I prefer vintage DH - I like the smooth, elegant feel of it and enjoy the iris. Reformulated DH is also very good - but more of a gourmand (to me it's a mix of vintage DH + DHI).

I tried the LIDGE + DHI 1:1 layer this weekend and felt the LIDGE overpowered the DHI. I love them both. Two of the best designer frags around. I will try DHI + MIP EDP, as it sounds like an interesting combo! Which one of those layers do you prefer?

Well i mix a lot of my frags - but also try to stop overmixing, and just wear one frag at a time to appreciate the original. But i always get bored, even with 250+ fragrances in my collection (before the break-in I had 350+ frags)

But to answer your question - I love DHI alone, as well as mixed with LIDGE & MIP EDP - on me DHI overpowers the LIDGE, but I get a nice cacao scent from the LIDGE in the background, which mixed with the almond scent in DHI is a great combo (I know, no one has ever gotten almonds/marzipan from DHI, but I certainly do, when I wear it) DHI mixed with MIP EDP ( I also own MIP EDT ) is also awesome, but MIP gives the DHI a run for its money - they are equal in strength on my skin.
MIP gives me vanilla, leather and coconut blended with the iris, almond/marzipan and light coco in DHI = HEAVENLY BLEND ON MY SKIN :thumbup:

FYI I also often mix DH with LIDG EDT (the regular EDT version) - wonderful combo too on my skin, I get compliments with all these blends I just mentioned from girls and women. They seem to love it.

Been meaning to jump on here and update my list. Since posting this I have added to my collection....

• Lubin Bluff
  • Lubin Itasca
  • Lubin Le Vetiver
  • Guerlain Vetiver (reformulation)
  • Bvlgari Black

Lovin all of them except for Itasca which is good but not good enough for me to use that often.

I have a pretty decent collection of ouds & mukhallats. Here are 2 Cambodian oils that are the most recent additions:

$IMG_0599.jpg

Of the 2, Royal Kampuchea is proving to be the most complex. It has the classic Cambodian vibe of dried fruits, honey & moist earth, but there's also a dark, spicy bite to the foundation that I'm really digging. Yusha, also rife with dried fruit, is much gentler (and thus friendlier to Western noses). I only received it today so I need to spend much more time with it.

What's interesting is that RK is distilled from wild agarwood, while the Yusha is from organic, sustainably-harvested wood. Obviously, the fact that it's renewable is a wonderful thing. The added bonus is that while still pricey, it's much less expensive than RK. Oh, and it smells great.

If anyone's interested, Royal Kampuchea is from Agar Aura & Oud Yusha is from Ensar Oud (formerly Oriscent). Bon appetit!

Last edited:
Of the 2, Royal Kampuchea is proving to be the most complex. It has the classic Cambodian vibe of dried fruits, honey & moist earth, but there's also a dark, spicy bite to the foundation that I'm really digging.
Between Agar Aura and Ensar Oud I have a couple dozen oud samples and I think Royal Kampuchea is probably my favorite.

Nice collections!

I feel a new AD starting to surface..... I only have 7 or 8 bottles, nothing worth bragging over though. A $1 Ed Hardy knockoff, vintage skin bracer cologne, Azzaro Pour Homme ($20 at TJ Maxx), some nautica, etc.. Nothing to fancy, but that may all be about to change.

Here are mine.....
Terre d'hermes edp, breath of god, encre noire, sartorial, premier figuier,opus 1870, timbuktu, dior homme (original),rive gauche, power cologne, mugler cologne, white jasmine and mint, JPG, 4711, body shop musk, c&e west indian limes, azzaro, mechant loup, baldessarini, lolita lempicka ph, dirty english, m7(original), yohji homme, bulgari black, and too many decants to mention and a few backup bottles of dior homme and yohji homme.
imagejpeg

Top Bottom