What's new

Post a photo of you having a smoke...

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Smoking a mixture of Gaslight and Sixpence in my Monterey. This pipe is becoming one of my favorites (I have so many at this point I can't remember what they all are). It clenches nicely, is very comfortable to hold, and has that classic 1940s styling. Oh yeah, it smokes good too, if that matters.

View attachment 1210800

On a side note, does anyone know how to get tooth dents out of the stem? This pipe was the only one on eBay that didn't have a hole chewed in the stem (which is why I got it) but it does have a couple of good dents. I don't mind a little chatter, but I don't want to turn these into holes.
I've heard a little heat will pull out teeth marks in vulcanite but not sure. I haven't used the technique. Beautiful pipe.

steveclarkus

Goose Poop Connoisseur
I've heard a little heat will pull out teeth marks in vulcanite but not sure. I haven't used the technique. Beautiful pipe.
I’ve done it with success. Doesn’t remove it completely but does do a good job. Vulcanite has memory and wants to go back to where it started. Use a cool flame like a candle or lighter and don’t be greedy.

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
It’s been a rough few weeks of late but I finally got a chance for some alone time on the front porch. Smoking some MB Vanilla Roll Cake in a Charlestown Cobbler.

5F07D053-EEC2-47AD-8F7D-70D4C8F97058.jpeg

seabee1999

It was near 60 today for a high in central OK. Next week’s highs, closer to 25. So I figured I’d enjoy the sunset on my front porch before the really cold air moves in. Enjoyed some MB Vanilla Roll Cake in my modified MM Morgan nose warmer.

34656A2D-325A-4625-BE9A-64A8BFE16D72.jpeg

seabee1999

It’s about 23 degrees in central OK and it’s forecasted to snow about 12”-16” tomorrow. The sun came out and briefly “warmed” things up a bit. So I decided to sit on my front porch and enjoy some GH Kentucky Nougat in my MM Rob Roy cob.

416ACD3D-DDEA-460A-9550-893C41E91DD0.jpeg

seabee1999

Yesterday it was “warm” at 23 degrees in the sun. Earlier this morning, the power went out and it was snowing with some wind blowing. So the family and I watch the news and sat by the fire while the back up generator ran. Power is back on now, the wind is still blowing and snow is still falling with the fire still burning.

F5E75DA8-CD95-4606-B5BC-679BF3ACE78C.jpeg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Yesterday it was “warm” at 23 degrees in the sun. Earlier this morning, the power went out and it was snowing with some wind blowing. So the family and I watch the news and sat by the fire while the back up generator ran. Power is back on now, the wind is still blowing and snow is still falling with the fire still burning.

View attachment 1222920
That looks like a nice way to spend an evening.

seabee1999

I don’t know if Star Wars is appropriate for a 4yr old, but I let my son watch “A New Hope” the other night with me and he loved it.

Possibly, but both my girls watched Empire Strikes Back a few weeks back and they were quite attentive to the movie, especially when R2-D2 showed up and my youngest is 2-1/2.

Top Bottom