What's new

Post a photo of you having a smoke...

seabee1999

On the lookout for new chicks
Got the newest pipe going.

538AF9EE-2494-4C41-B241-E9C5C7DB5633.jpeg

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Overall, the pipe did well. I probably packed the pipe a touch tight. The first third, although enjoyable, was harder to draw but by the time I burned through the first layer I could sit back enjoy it more.

R/
Dave
BZ...I need to make a pipe sometime.

seabee1999

BZ...I need to make a pipe sometime.

You should! It is super fun to do and quite rewarding in the end. The one pictured above is the 2nd briar I have done. I might do one more at some point in the future. I will say this though, I really enjoyed doing the corn cob mods more. But then, I like cob pipes more than briars. $10 for a bag of 3 natural smokeable seconds from MM was well worth the money spent.

R/
Dave

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
You should! It is super fun to do and quite rewarding in the end. The one pictured above is the 2nd briar I have done. I might do one more at some point in the future. I will say this though, I really enjoyed doing the corn cob mods more. But then, I like cob pipes more than briars. $10 for a bag of 3 natural smokeable seconds from MM was well worth the money spent.

R/
Dave
I have a bag of seconds sitting with my cellar right now...I need to start working on some projects with them. Do you have any resources you found helpful when you started with them or did you just start experimenting with materials?

seabee1999

I have a bag of seconds sitting with my cellar right now...I need to start working on some projects with them. Do you have any resources you found helpful when you started with them or did you just start experimenting with materials?

Kinda both. The biggest thing was using Fiebings leather dye to color. Form there I asked a few questions on a FB group called Corn Cob Nation. After that, it was mostly YouTube videos and such. Then I just expereimented and hoped for the best.

Top Bottom