What's new

Possible solution to soaps that cause irritation

I've recently read of many people reporting the unfortunate discovery of a soap causing irritation or burning. I used to have the same issue. Cella; irritation. Rasozero Spiffero; irritation. Proaso Red; irritation. And so it continued until I started using Proraso Green Preshave.

Now I can use any soap I like without experiencing any discomfort from fragrances or other ingredients such as glycerin, tallow etc. Admittedy, I haven't tried every soap available (I wonder if anyone has?) but I've used a wide variety of scent profiles and types of soap and so far it's been effective with all of them. Other brands of preshave may well be just as useful, I haven't tried any.

Obviously, I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone but it works for me. If it wasn't for the fact that I received a free sample of this preshave with an order I might never have stumbled upon this solution. That being said, I thought this post might be of help to someone who, like me, would like to be able to try different soaps without worrying that they might not be suitable.

I've recently read of many people reporting the unfortunate discovery of a soap causing irritation or burning. I used to have the same issue. Cella; irritation. Rasozero Spiffero; irritation. Proaso Red; irritation. And so it continued until I started using Proraso Green Preshave.

Now I can use any soap I like without experiencing any discomfort from fragrances or other ingredients such as glycerin, tallow etc. Admittedy, I haven't tried every soap available (I wonder if anyone has?) but I've used a wide variety of scent profiles and types of soap and so far it's been effective with all of them. Other brands of preshave may well be just as useful, I haven't tried any.

Obviously, I can't guarantee that it will work for everyone but it works for me. If it wasn't for the fact that I received a free sample of this preshave with an order I might never have stumbled upon this solution. That being said, I thought this post might be of help to someone who, like me, would like to be able to try different soaps without worrying that they might not be suitable.

Great report, Sir TinyT!
Indeed, I've found, that most any good pre-shave regimen will generate a protective and lubricating treatment before the regular shave soap/cream!!
You might want to experiment with some other pre-shave options and report on results!
Happy Exploring!

Top Bottom