What's new

Possible fix for this de razor?

Hey so I mentioned in a post that my fatip slant open comb top cap bit come off, it's one of those two bits that goes into the baseplate and it's a pretty clean cut

got my FIL to look at it who's an ex electrician thinking he could solder it back on but he said it looks like it's been spot welder which I got no idea what it is but he's saying in a nutshell you need something precise for it

Was thinking of superglue but don't think it will hold up to the wear and tear?

Was wondering what you lot suggest?

otherwise might just get another one with another handle type as I got the piccolo one anyways

here's a pic

IMG_20230114_182401.jpg

yea so i tried it like anothe rmembe ron another forum said and hes just like use it as it is
and it clamps down very well if anything seems the same like before so will work fine

might sound silly but i like trying thing sout and i had an idea,
was thinking if i take that other side pin (or whatever its called) then i could maybe use the insert from the saivor 2.0 russian de razor, so it could potentially take two blades plus being an open comb slant, how epic would that be! lool

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I agree with everyone who has given the recommendations to just buy a new razor. Reality is, these razors are cheap folks, even my gold plated Fatip Grande razor was only 35 bucks, and you can get the chrome version for 25 bucks I think. Fatip razors generally cost less then a Merkur 34C, so to save time and anguish, just buy a new razor and be done with it.

I agree with everyone who has given the recommendations to just buy a new razor. Reality is, these razors are cheap folks, even my gold plated Fatip Grande razor was only 35 bucks, and you can get the chrome version for 25 bucks I think. Fatip razors generally cost less then a Merkur 34C, so to save time and anguish, just buy a new razor and be done with it.
yea thats what i was thinking just thought id ask as always nice to try and save it lol

was thinking as its a piccolo handle could try another one but i already got 2 x grande handles

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
I've seen a few examples of this happening to these razors on this forum, Saj. At least one member on here has gotten away with epoxying it back on (Note: Standard Araldite is stronger than Araldite Rapid), but I don't know how often they use it. As others have suggested though, I would put it down as a learning experience, and move on to something new.

Reactions: saj
If it holds the blade in alignment and firmly use it as is

That is what I thought. You still have two points of alignment with the remaining pin and center post. The missing pin shouldn't have an effect on the razor's clamping ability.

I would certainly load a blade and check visually for alignment. If it is straight, it should work...

...or try a dot of JB Weld...

...or just buy a new one.

Reactions: saj
I've seen a few examples of this happening to these razors on this forum, Saj. At least one member on here has gotten away with epoxying it back on (Note: Standard Araldite is stronger than Araldite Rapid), but I don't know how often they use it. As others have suggested though, I would put it down as a learning experience, and move on to something new.
yea ill move one, its defo 100% usable

That is what I thought. You still have two points of alignment with the remaining pin and center post. The missing pin shouldn't have an effect on the razor's clamping ability.

I would certainly load a blade and check visually for alignment. If it is straight, it should work...

...or try a dot of JB Weld...

...or just buy a new one.
yea it seems solid without a blad but will ceck with a blade,
thing is these fatips especially the sloc are known for alignmentissues so thats coming with the territory even if it had two pins lool 😂

Top Bottom