What's new

Portuguese Creams - Specifically Musgo Real

I used to use Musgo Real creams quite a bit, finding them easy to use and providing a nice, stable lather. I especially liked the Oak Moss in terms of scent. However, I stopped buying them after the price soared, not so much because they became ruinously expensive (I continue to spend more on several shaving products) but due to the fact I felt I was being cheated. There seemed no real justification for the price rises, so I resented them.

The majorities say only good things about “Musgo Real” products and this is true. The Company has a very good reputation and never failed its customers. Musgo Real products are of very good quality.

Everyone among Musgo Real fans are talking and complaining about a sharp rise in the price of Musgo Real products last years and many people stopped using products of this Company because of the price.

Regretfully, this is a common practice, when there is a high demand for the specific product(s) the Management takes and they actually made a decision to raise prices on the products and in addition to above said FOCUS ON sales to a more prosperous (wealthy) category of customers and become a premium class Company.

This did not happen spontaneously and/or accidently. This is a purposeful, deliberate Company’s strategy and policy and plans for the coming years.

If above mentioned plans fail – “Musgo Real” as a standalone Company rolls back the previous strategy.

After reading this thread I had to dig out my Musgo. I have the Classic & Spiced Citrus. I smelled them both and went with the Classic for today's shave. I had forgotten what a rich, creamy and protective lather they make with very little effort. I followed with their Classic splash. I have so many soaps/creams that they get forgotten. I enjoyed them so much I just went on that well known auction site and purchased an Orange Amber!

Well, not so fast there bucko. In addition to the Classic, you absolutely MUST buy the Oak Moss and Orange Amber. And you thought this hobby would save you money. Not with us enablers here to make sure you don't. Hehehe.
Which is why I own Lavender, Classic, Orange Amber, Spiced Citrus, Lime Basil and NOT Oakmoss...I will not be swayed! (secret, they were out when I ordered the lot)...ENABLERS...

I've only tried the Classic, Oak Moss and Orange Amber. I might consider trying Spiced Citrus but if it smells anything like Bay Rum, I may pass. I'm not a huge Bay Rum fan as far as creams go, although I do use it during the winter as an aftershave.
It is not like Bay Rum as far as my nose tells me. Subtle and a very muted Italian citrus like blend. Great performer like the rest of their stuff. I have some old stock and a new one that I am going to open to compare once done, I will let you know if the new stuff is more of a Bay Rum scent...

I have all of them with the exception of Oak Moss and as soon as I can get a handle on one it too will come home. Today's shave was with Lavender and I love the scent quite a lot. Finished with Thayers Witch Hazel Lavender and Maol Grooming Wilde Flowers AS. I purchased all of mine from lusitania_express on that well known auction site...

They are fine products and I enjoy them for their performance and scents. I spent every Summer in Portugal growing up and it just reminds me of my Grand Dad shaving in the morning. I use the bath soaps and again enjoy the Musgo Real product line a lot. The prices from the Musgo Real store are quite high at 22 euros a tube but the seller I get them from (and they are NOS) sells them reasonably priced. Now remember that Musgo Real has dropped Lavender and Lime Basil from their lineup so only Classic, Orange Amber, Spiced Citrus and Oak Moss remain.

Top Bottom