What's new

Portuguese Creams - Specifically Musgo Real

Well i trullyblove musgo real classic.
I had oakmosa but i gave it to my wife.
The oakmoss scent was ok but nothing to writehome about.
Mind you i kike green and oakmossy scents!

The rest Portuguese creams are not accessible for me.
Some are expensive(o melhor) some have parabens(mens sport estoril) and others have methicone(lavanda,top secret e.t.c).
I want to try the lavanda cream if i find the formula without methicone.

I used to like Musgo Real a lot but now I can take it or leave it. I would just as soon leave it because it's not as great as so many guys make it out to be. Also, it is too expensive for what you get.

I thought it was pretty good cream. But I’ve only ever used one tube (oakmoss). I also won’t likely buy it again only because I also find it too pricey compared to other stuff I prefer.

Online vendors for Portuguese shaving products: Vintage Scent, Gifts and Care, Portugal Online shaving shop, and of course Ebay and Amazon. In North America, some products can be found at Italian Barber, Royal Shave, Smallflower, and other importers. And as a poster above mentioned, they can be found in some Brazilian/Portuguese/Euro grocery stores.

I liked Musgo Real orange amber. It's a nice subtle scent with great lather. I was deeply disappointed with Lavanda. I found it way too thick, difficult to squeeze out of the tube and lather. It was thicker than many soft soaps. Maybe I got a bad batch but it was so terrible I tossed it in the garbage after a few shaves.

I’ve only used one tube of musgo real cream. It was oakmoss. I really enjoyed the scent. Performance was great for me.
Same situation with me. Oak Moss is the only shaving cream I tried from the MUSGO REAL and I do love the scent and it's high class performance. Do you know any alternative to that fantastic oak moss scent? Please share if you do

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The ones I've tried just perform really well and I love the scents of all of them so far except the Lavanda, and that is just because I don't like Lavender ( I know, a lot of guys love it)

Oddly enough, the only Musgo Real shave cream I have tried is the lavender, and ... I noted that it doesn't really smell much like lavender. More like Musgo Real. So this might not be one to cross off your list.

Oddly enough, the only Musgo Real shave cream I have tried is the lavender, and ... I noted that it doesn't really smell much like lavender. More like Musgo Real. So this might not be one to cross off your list.
Trying to understand your point of view.
From one side you're saying/stating that the only product from Musgo Real maker you've tried was "Lavender" and from another side of view you're saying that it smells more like Musgo Real. How do you know what Musgo Real is like if you tried only Lavender cream ? :))))

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Trying to understand your point of view.
From one side you're saying/stating that the only product from Musgo Real maker you've tried was "Lavender" and from another side of view you're saying that it smells more like Musgo Real. How do you know what Musgo Real is like if you tried only Lavender cream ? :))))
After shave.

:bayrum2::velva2:

Thanks for your clarification. Now, as per your wording I understand that I can save some money, avoid buying Lavender shaving cream and buy straight Musgo Real Classic scent instead.

Well, not so fast there bucko. In addition to the Classic, you absolutely MUST buy the Oak Moss and Orange Amber. And you thought this hobby would save you money. Not with us enablers here to make sure you don't. Hehehe.

Well, not so fast there bucko. In addition to the Classic, you absolutely MUST buy the Oak Moss and Orange Amber. And you thought this hobby would save you money. Not with us enablers here to make sure you don't. Hehehe.
Oh thanks a lot for your advise. I am about to finish that lovely Oak Moss tube which already became my favorite shaving cream. Simply one of the best scents. Really like it. In this regard, I focused my attention on "Musgo Real" Company-maker willing to try more of it's products. So you suggest to stick with Orange Amber & Classic ?! Will buy in nearest future. What about Spiced Citrus, have you tried that one ?

Oh thanks a lot for your advise. I am about to finish that lovely Oak Moss tube which already became my favorite shaving cream. Simply one of the best scents. Really like it. In this regard, I focused my attention on "Musgo Real" Company-maker willing to try more of it's products. So you suggest to stick with Orange Amber & Classic ?! Will buy in nearest future. What about Spiced Citrus, have you tried that one ?

I've only tried the Classic, Oak Moss and Orange Amber. I might consider trying Spiced Citrus but if it smells anything like Bay Rum, I may pass. I'm not a huge Bay Rum fan as far as creams go, although I do use it during the winter as an aftershave.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Thanks for your clarification. Now, as per your wording I understand that I can save some money, avoid buying Lavender shaving cream and buy straight Musgo Real Classic scent instead.

Well, buy both!

My comments were mainly aimed at tho OP, who was interested in MR creams but doesn’t like lavender scent ... just letting him know that the actual “lavender” aspect of this cream is only a small part of the scent.

How about just a hint? :)
I can't really help and advise the MUSGO REAL scent of the classic shaving cream and what is is like....because I am also looking forward to purchase one of these in nearest future but in any case I will definitely have it as it is worth it considering the price/performance/quality and other factors....

Same situation with me. Oak Moss is the only shaving cream I tried from the MUSGO REAL and I do love the scent and it's high class performance. Do you know any alternative to that fantastic oak moss scent? Please share if you do

I haven’t personally found anything quite like it. But I haven’t used musgo real in sometime.

The classic (at least in balm form) has a fresh scent too but it’s different than oakmoss. I preferred oakmoss scent. Hard to describe the classic but it’s also nice.

Did you purchase any new cream?

I haven’t personally found anything quite like it. But I haven’t used musgo real in sometime.

The classic (at least in balm form) has a fresh scent too but it’s different than oakmoss. I preferred oakmoss scent. Hard to describe the classic but it’s also nice.

Did you purchase any new cream?
Thanks for your reminder, but no, I haven't purchased any new creams recently, still have some in reserve(including Oak Moss) to finish till I proceed with experiments, after I buy some, I will let you know accordingly... but my intention to proceed with other Musgo Real shave creams

After reading this thread I looked in my drawer and found my Musgo creams. I tried out the oak moss today and it was a very nice shave. It had been sitting in the drawer for about 2 years, so I had to poke through a thick layer of dried junk to get to the cream. But it performed very nicely! Now I have to try out the lime and the lavender. After all the kudos, I might have to try out the orange Amber as well.

Top Bottom