What's new

Portland, Oregon shave supplies

I am heading out to Portland Oregon soon (and possibly Seattle WA, too). I see some old threads which talk to the unavilability of shave goods in Portland.

Any insight if this is still the same in 2019? I know Mike's Soap is made out there. Until I searched for shops, I had high hopes I could score some Mike's on my trip. I'm guessing that isn't likely? I really want to smell, and possibly buy, some of their soaps... especially Barbershop.

Thanks folks.

Apologies to the moderators if I misplaced this thread... Wasn't certain where to ask about shopping stores.

I actually didn’t realize Mike had relocated to Portland. I remember he was in NY and then Michigan, didn’t see the move to OR but sure enough there it is on his site... You could try reaching out to him via email and he might be able to let you know if any local retailers carry his stuff.

I actually didn’t realize Mike had relocated to Portland. I remember he was in NY and then Michigan, didn’t see the move to OR but sure enough there it is on his site... You could try reaching out to him via email and he might be able to let you know if any local retailers carry his stuff.
Yeah, I might do that.

Figured he might not know, based on orders alone. Still, I'll give it a shot... o guess it can't hurt. Lol.

Thanks.

I am heading out to Portland Oregon soon (and possibly Seattle WA, too). I see some old threads which talk to the unavilability of shave goods in Portland.

Any insight if this is still the same in 2019? I know Mike's Soap is made out there. Until I searched for shops, I had high hopes I could score some Mike's on my trip. I'm guessing that isn't likely? I really want to smell, and possibly buy, some of their soaps... especially Barbershop.

Thanks folks.

Apologies to the moderators if I misplaced this thread... Wasn't certain where to ask about shopping stores.

@mrdoug

Whether or not you are into straight razors, I'd strongly recommend visiting Portland Razor Co. and taking a tour. They do sell other wet-shave products unrelated to straights, including house brand of soap and A/S (not sure if they are made in-house)

They have a contact form here for shop visits:
Portland Razor Co. // straight razors and strops handmade in Portland, OR. — Contact Us // Shop Visits

Post some pics if you go there!

@mrdoug

Whether or not you are into straight razors, I'd strongly recommend visiting Portland Razor Co. and taking a tour. They do sell other wet-shave products unrelated to straights, including house brand of soap and A/S (not sure if they are made in-house)

Portland Razor Co. // straight razors and strops handmade in Portland, OR. — Contact Us // Shop Visits

Awesome, I'll see if we can fit in a visit. Thanks.

Awesome, I'll see if we can fit in a visit. Thanks.
@mrdoug

I will second the suggestion to visit PRC...great folks and really nice razors.
If you call ahead you can often get a free tour of their whole process.

Top Bottom