What's new

Popeye Shave Products?

proxy.php

Found this on Amazon. Anyone have any news or insights on this?

proxy.php

Owned by Timeless Trading and Distribution Co., it appears to be a company that owns several brands including Evel Barber Supply co, Chechen and Chong Men’s Grooming, Razor MD, Bogart Grooming, and Ali Shave Collection.

I may have heard of Razor MD but certainly not the others. They seem to simply all be a marketing play for use under Trademarks such as the Popeyes Brand. I’m probably unfairly judging it, but I get no indication this stuff is actually any good.

An easy way to try this stuff risk free is to offer to pay them tuesday for some shave soap today. Works every time.

I'm thinking of getting it just for display. The shave cream doesn't really say it makes a lather. Just says apply to face and shave.

I wonder how they got a license for the intellectual property...

very interesting!

wonder if they have licensed the graphics from King Features?

the KF copyright expires in 2024.
I haven't heard of this product either...so...a whisper here, a jackson there...and pretty soon I got me so low down...King Feature Teams With Razor MD

The article includes a reference to womens shaving products themed with Olive Oil.

Thanks for that info! As a music licensing lawyer, my radar always goes crazy when I see brands like this. Interesting...
Yw. I imagine that music licensing is made so amazingly complex, especially with pre-digitized music, music clips, sound-tracks, and everything else very available to the general public (all the hard work has already been done); so borrowing (used as losely as possible) music for public events, ringtones, background for screen-transitions, etc is a mindless copy/paste!

Yw. I imagine that music licensing is made so amazingly complex, especially with pre-digitized music, music clips, sound-tracks, and everything else very available to the general public (all the hard work has already been done); so borrowing (used as losely as possible) music for public events, ringtones, background for screen-transitions, etc is a mindless copy/paste!

Given the arcane state of the law, it's largely an "ask forgiveness, not permission" culture. Not what I'm used to, but it seems to work.

P.S. Musicians worldwide should make more money than they do. We need to figure this out. Check out Congressional testimony from Rosanne Cash or T-Bone Burnett, for a start. I'm greatly appreciative that the muse that draws musicians to live out of vans continues to drive the creation of tremendously important music that makes people's lives better.

Last edited:
I had bought one of those back before mid 2016. I remember the Popeye not sure if it was the same graphics. For me it was fun and a novelty. The product was ok.

Looks really cool but I have my doubts as to whether or not these are any good. Kind of reminds me of all of these products that are flooding the market right now in the men's grooming sections of places like TJ Maxx, Marshall's, Ross, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom