What's new

Pop-up advertising aggression level suddenly tripled or quadrupled.... why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know what is going on or why this is happening, but just in the past 24-36 hours the sheer number and annoyance of ads in this site has gone up dramatically. I have been coming to this site regularly for 12.5 years, and after only a day and a half of this I am thinking hard about whether I should ever come back to this site again. It is at a virtually intolerable level. As an example, while i am trying to style in this post they are making it so I can't even see what I am typing. It's horrible! Worse than any website I have visited in the past few years.
Is it just me, or is this happening to others, as well? If it is widespread, I could see this forum dwindling and dying if this continues.
Please, for the love of all that is holy, somebody make it stop!

PS: I may never see anybody's responses to this thread because I don't really want to put up with this any longer. So if I don't respond, you will know why.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
If you have some time, there are some threads dealing with this issue in the Site Feedback Forum. We have had a Site wide upgrade and with this upgrade some technical issue have arisen. We have technical people working to rectify these issues. Please bare with us while the issues are rectified.

This is a very valid concern, and one we’re working on diligently. That said, this thread duplicates one already open and actively being discussed in this sub-forum, so I am closing it. Please review the preexisting thread (and my response here), and please absolutely continue the discussions and sharing of feedback there.

Apologies for the temporary growing pains while we sort out the change in ad sharing partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom